PDA

View Full Version : Death by gravity...

Cauldron
May 24, 2009, 05:35
Well, Timorsen met his death. Gravity hounds and one failed teleport. Bedtime, I suppose.

-P

buzzkill
May 24, 2009, 17:24
Well, Timorsen met his death. Gravity hounds and one failed teleport. Bedtime, I suppose.

Stunning increases spell failure rates as well as device failure (?). Scrolls always work (unless you're blind), you should have read one.

You died with nearly full SP. I hope that that the hounds surprised you and that you weren't intentionally going hand-to-hand with them.

You seem to have outfitted your Mage like a Warrior with the Great Axe and Rings of Strength. Unless that's just the RNG tormenting you with inappropriate drops, you may want to play your Mages more like Mages.

Cauldron
May 25, 2009, 18:21
I had only seen cursed rings of Intelligence. Otherwise I had equipped every Intelligence item that I had. I was considering swappin Balli with the +4 stealth defender and dropping like a rock, but I died before I decided to do it.

When I encountered the hounds, the first breath phased me *into* the room with the hounds. And you are absolutely right, I should have read the scroll.

Die and learn, I suppose.

Oh, and the strength rings were mostly for carrying capacity. Only used Bally on orcs and trolls and things with very few hp. I had *Just* achieved blow #2 with the axe, too.