PDA

View Full Version : Problems compiling Vanilla Angband 3.1.0b in MSVC++ 2008 Express

Kyle
July 26, 2009, 00:44
I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express.

From the command line I typed:

nmake /fMakefile.nmake

as instructed here (http://rephial.org/wiki/Compiling#s2_5).

I was definitely in my src directory.

I had a bunch of "file not found" errors from the c files in the subdirectories that include angband.h.

I fixed those by doing a bunch of these:

-#include "angband.h"
+#include "../angband.h"

and I made the similar modification when I got a similar error for other includes as well.

But after I fixed all those, the compiler complains that it doesn't know how to create xtra2.o. I checked and couldn't find an xtra2.c file anywhere, but I did find an xtra3.c file.

But in Makefile.src it says it lists both xtra2.o and xtra3.o so I know that I really do need an xtra2.c file or something.

How can I fix this?

takkaria
July 26, 2009, 01:39
I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express.

From the command line I typed:

nmake /fMakefile.nmake

as instructed here (http://rephial.org/wiki/Compiling#s2_5).

I was definitely in my src directory.

I had a bunch of "file not found" errors from the c files in the subdirectories that include angband.h.

I fixed those by doing a bunch of these:

-#include "angband.h"
+#include "../angband.h"

and I made the similar modification when I got a similar error for other includes as well.

See if adding "/I.." on the CFLAGS lines helps at all; I think it will.

But after I fixed all those, the compiler complains that it doesn't know how to create xtra2.o. I checked and couldn't find an xtra2.c file anywhere, but I did find an xtra3.c file.

But in Makefile.src it says it lists both xtra2.o and xtra3.o so I know that I really do need an xtra2.c file or something.

How can I fix this?

You must have deleted it somewhere along the way, since xtra2.c is definitely there in the download archive.

Kyle
July 26, 2009, 07:09
Right on both counts; thanks!

Kyle