PDA

View Full Version : The angband dictionary - oook!

SaThaRiel
January 8, 2010, 14:43
Hi,

as a newbie to this site i have to mention that it is sometime extremely hard to follow some threads here. Words/abbreviations used are not in my usual wording ;)
So i wondered if there is an angband dictionary to translate/lookup stuff like OOD or even !rpois (know those 2 yet but it takes a lot of time) :confused: It would be really helpful to have a link here somewhere.

If there is one than it wasn't easy to find or i searched wrong.

ekolis
January 8, 2010, 17:50
Heh, I thought you were gonna ask what "oook" meant! I've wondered that myself! :P

PowerDiver
January 8, 2010, 18:05
Hi,

as a newbie to this site i have to mention that it is sometime extremely hard to follow some threads here. Words/abbreviations used are not in my usual wording ;)
So i wondered if there is an angband dictionary to translate/lookup stuff like OOD or even !rpois (know those 2 yet but it takes a lot of time) :confused: It would be really helpful to have a link here somewhere.

If there is one than it wasn't easy to find or i searched wrong.

You are right that there ought to be one.

There was terminology used for a long time in r.g.r.a., and I modified it when I wrote a complete description of a game I played in

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.angband/browse_thread/thread/68e0dcbf29c70743/a84910e4ac505a8e?q=tales+of+the+bold

What you read here is a mishmash of the two. If you read the start of that, I think I described the reasoning behind how I chose the abbreviations that I used.

Tobias
January 9, 2010, 14:05
Well we do have a wiki over at rephial so we could just start a page with forum abbreviations.
Maybe even a FAQ too.