PDA

View Full Version : IRC Feature Requests 1

Kiyoshi Aman
May 1, 2007, 18:17
It seems people want ego monsters that are not uniques [e.g., ghost yeeks, skeleton warriors, etc].

Additionally, someone said that if I'm going to report the ego monster RFE, I might as well also suggest non-ego item modification [like materials] and percentile resistances [e.g., 50% resistance to fire].

Neil Stevens
May 18, 2007, 05:57
It seems people want ego monsters that are not uniques [e.g., ghost yeeks, skeleton warriors, etc].

Additionally, someone said that if I'm going to report the ego monster RFE, I might as well also suggest non-ego item modification [like materials] and percentile resistances [e.g., 50% resistance to fire].I would hate to see Angband drop the nice and simple resistance system it has now. It'd be a real shame. Yeah, some of the numbers are weird, but for any given resistance you etiher have it or don't, and either need it or don't. There are no numbers to worry about unless you're an advanced player pushing edges and diving as fast as you can.

Elsairon
June 20, 2007, 05:10
What would this add, other than randomized monster abilities?

I like the ego monster idea, and I think this conflicts with how monster memory works now.

camlost
June 20, 2007, 05:24
Player Ghosts in Sangband (and presumably O/FA?) come with full monster memory, so this isn't necessarily an issue.

Elsairon
June 20, 2007, 05:39
Player Ghosts in Sangband (and presumably O/FA?) come with full monster memory, so this isn't necessarily an issue.

Glad to hear that. Perhaps we will get a chance to see some suprises with randomized monsters at some point.