PDA

View Full Version : game crash on failed lock pick (version 2034)

fizzix
August 5, 2010, 23:14
My game crashed, after I seemingly failed 99x to pick a lock.

Also, "don't show level feelings" is apparently broken. It was accidentally set for some reason, I think because option values changed and disconnected stairs moved.

PowerDiver
August 6, 2010, 00:04
Whatever was done with options recently has screwed things up. We need a reversion at least using and listing the old option variables, even if they don't do anything.

There was also something on trac about changes to autorepeat.. I think somehow my searching caused me to run down a corridor, but perhaps it was a typo.

Save often. Make backups for savescumming. Things are particularly flaky right now.

fizzix
August 6, 2010, 01:22
It's fairly easy to repeat this bug. If you stand in an area and repeatedly attempt to search, the game will eventually crash.

d_m
August 6, 2010, 04:16
Yeah, autorepeat while digging is broken for me (I have to repeat with n to actually dig granite).

Magnate said he'd work on things this weekend. I'm just starting a new job so I have very little Angband coding time until the weekend also.

ajps
August 6, 2010, 09:55
Sorry! I forgot how the mod operator works in C, still a bit rusty. This should be fixed now in r2035.

Pete Mack
August 7, 2010, 03:53
I agree with Eddie--
The recent option fix was not done in the usual way, which is just to remove the option, but not change any option-related constants. They are designed to have holes in them, after all.

fizzix
August 7, 2010, 17:22
However it leads to some interesting situations. Setting 'no level feelings' and 'disconnected stairs' did not give me either, but it did give me a 'special feeling'

I think I'll take an Angbanding break until this bug gets sorted out.

takkaria
August 7, 2010, 20:08
I agree with Eddie--
The recent option fix was not done in the usual way, which is just to remove the option, but not change any option-related constants. They are designed to have holes in them, after all.

Fix committed, as r2036. Should be available on the nightlies now.