PDA

View Full Version : unique drops working?

CunningGabe
February 7, 2008, 02:03
I'm playing the nightlies, and many of the low-level uniques I've fought have dropped nothing other than a Book of Magic Spells and maybe a consumable. (Farmer Maggot, Smeagol, and I think one other have dropped these). Is that intentional, am I unlucky, or is something wrong?

Pete Mack
February 7, 2008, 04:59
I'm playing the nightlies, and many of the low-level uniques I've fought have dropped nothing other than a Book of Magic Spells and maybe a consumable. (Farmer Maggot, Smeagol, and I think one other have dropped these). Is that intentional, am I unlucky, or is something wrong?

Out-of-depth books are great finds. Even if you can't use them, they are worth a lot of money. And some consumables--most notable, stat potions--are now considered 'good', in an attempt to reduce the amount of scumming people do for stat potions & the like.

CunningGabe
February 7, 2008, 14:19
Out-of-depth books would be good. Useless to me, but reasonable. I've been getting the beginner's magic book! And the consumables have been low-level scrolls or mushrooms. I know these uniques are low-level, but I thought I remembered getting better rewards in the past.

d1sc0nnected
February 7, 2008, 18:38
Well, I'm still playing 3.0.9, and...
Smeagol ->1st Mage Book
Bullroarer -> 2nd Priest Book
So..its obviously not a "nightlies" change. We're just damn unlucky. =P

Pete Mack
February 8, 2008, 01:33
Smeagol ->1st Mage Book

This seems really, really wrong. I don't know when such a change was introduced.

takkaria
February 8, 2008, 03:42

A combination of bad luck and unfinished code changes.

d1sc0nnected
February 8, 2008, 17:00
Smeagol ->1st Mage Book

Then 50' down, a Brigand drops the Phial.

Sometimes things all work out. =p