PDA

View Full Version : [request] a way to insert spoilers in posts

ghengiz
April 1, 2012, 19:28
It may sometimes be useful to have a way to insert a spoiler in a post, for example giving the possibility to use the same color for both text and background.
I tried the "switch editor mode", right above the smilies, then "inspect element" from the mouse right-button menu, but I find the interface a bit confusing, in particular I was not able to find where to click to confirm the edits :confused:

Perhaps the simpler solution is to allow the user to change the background color or, alternatively, a new tag.

Nomad
April 1, 2012, 19:58
It may sometimes be useful to have a way to insert a spoiler in a post, for example giving the possibility to use the same color for both text and background.
I tried the "switch editor mode", right above the smilies, then "inspect element" from the mouse right-button menu, but I find the interface a bit confusing, in particular I was not able to find where to click to confirm the edits :confused:

Perhaps the simpler solution is to allow the user to change the background color or, alternatively, a new tag.

You can use the BC (background colour) and COLOR (font colour) tags. Remove the * from the tags and the following code should work:

[*BC=black][*COLOR=black] Spoiler text goes here [/COLOR][/BC]

And the result should look something like this.

ghengiz
April 1, 2012, 21:17
You can use the BC (background colour) and COLOR (font colour) tags. Remove the * from the tags and the following code should work:

[*BC=black][*COLOR=black] Spoiler text goes here [/COLOR][/BC]

And the result should look something like this.

Exactly what I was after, thanks

buzzkill
April 2, 2012, 00:41
I've seen forums that actually have tags. A "spoiler" button is created and clicking on it reveals the spoiler. Pav?

OTOH, the black on black thing works too.

pav
April 2, 2012, 18:36
The black on black kills on cell phones, where mouse highlighting is not easily available. It will also fail in email notifications.

I'm little short on time these days but if anyone point out a spoiler button plugin for vBulletin 3.x to me, I'll check it out.

Narvius
May 2, 2012, 12:10
http://www.ncode.nl/vbulletinplugins/

pav
May 2, 2012, 12:27
Oh cool, thanks, this looks useful, oh and BTW

Thelma and Louise both die in the end

Narvius
May 2, 2012, 12:36
I shall forward thine thanks to uncle Google. ;P

Gorbad
May 28, 2012, 09:56
Yeah thanks Pav!! Great way to spoil the movie!!

;)

buzzkill
May 28, 2012, 17:04
What we really need is spoiler by default and [no spoiler] tages. It would better suit our content :).