PDA

View Full Version : [Iron] Show flavors for known objects

ekolis
February 11, 2008, 00:28
What happened to the "show flavors in object descriptions" option in Ironband? It seems to be permanently turned on, and I always liked to turn it off to make the descriptions more compact (i.e. instead of a "scroll labeled 'foo bar' of Word of Recall" just a "scroll of Word of Recall")...

edit: oh, while I'm at it, what about "prompt for pickup"? I like to turn that one off, as well as auto-pickup, but prompt for pickup seems to be missing...

Antoine
February 11, 2008, 01:46
What happened to the "show flavors in object descriptions" option in Ironband? It seems to be permanently turned on, and I always liked to turn it off to make the descriptions more compact (i.e. instead of a "scroll labeled 'foo bar' of Word of Recall" just a "scroll of Word of Recall")...

edit: oh, while I'm at it, what about "prompt for pickup"? I like to turn that one off, as well as auto-pickup, but prompt for pickup seems to be missing...

Hi

Someone else commented on this. I'll stick 'show flavors' back in as an option in the next release.

"prompt for pickup", didn't know anyone used it, again will stick it back in.

A

Pete Mack
February 11, 2008, 04:06
Hi

Someone else commented on this. I'll stick 'show flavors' back in as an option in the next release.

"prompt for pickup", didn't know anyone used it, again will stick it back in.

A

I use query-floor, no autopickup, always prompt for pickup, especially in games with a good (NPP-style, not the awful new V) squelch.

UPDATE: Fixed option list.
I do use autopickup, but also query floor. It would be good if ESC on query-floor would let you get out of selecting through a pile. The pile problem is why NPP strong squelch is so good. You just don't get much junk with squelch 'good' and mass ID.

Antoine
February 11, 2008, 04:25
I use query-floor, no autopickup, always prompt for pickup, especially in games with a good (NPP-style, not the awful new V) squelch.

Thanks, will bear in mind.

Incidentally, I don't think you need squelch on Iron, not nearly as much as in NPP or V anyway. (Not that that detracts from your comment)

A.

flight2q
February 18, 2008, 06:41
Thanks for the flavor text option. It's nice to not have the flavors when viewing inventory. That way the names of objects of the same type all begin at the same lateral point rather than scattered all over the place.

I commented earlier about the easy_floor option. I'm thinking now that you have easy_floor defaulted to on, and what I wanted was always_show_list. By turning this on, you always get a pickup prompt in list form rather than sometimes getting the yes/no prompt and sometimes the list prompt.

Best,
flight2q

Added: FWIW, NPP settings are

NO, floor_query_flag
YES, carry_query_flag
YES, always_pickup
YES, easy_floor
YES, always_show_list (in display options)

Antoine
February 27, 2008, 08:54
Thanks for the flavor text option. It's nice to not have the flavors when viewing inventory. That way the names of objects of the same type all begin at the same lateral point rather than scattered all over the place.

I commented earlier about the easy_floor option. I'm thinking now that you have easy_floor defaulted to on, and what I wanted was always_show_list. By turning this on, you always get a pickup prompt in list form rather than sometimes getting the yes/no prompt and sometimes the list prompt.

OK, gotcha.

Well, I now have easy_floor and always_show_list both defaulted to 'off'.

Sounds like you just need to set always_show_list=on through the options menu and you will be in business.

Cheers
A.