PDA

View Full Version : Hold Life

curinor
April 21, 2008, 23:50
I'm confused about this attribute....I was under the impression that 'Hold Life' gave resistance to life draining.

However, since I've acquired it in a weapon it doesn't seem to prevent my xp and lvl from being drained.

Is this a bug or does it not prevent your life from being drained, and if so what prevents XP from being drained?

Thanks

Nick
April 22, 2008, 00:04
I'm confused about this attribute....I was under the impression that 'Hold Life' gave resistance to life draining.

However, since I've acquired it in a weapon it doesn't seem to prevent my xp and lvl from being drained.

Is this a bug or does it not prevent your life from being drained, and if so what prevents XP from being drained?

Hold life gives a chance (95% for the weakest attacks, down to 50% for the strongest) of resisting life draining altogether (you will get the message "You keep hold of your life force!"). If you fail that chance, you still only lose 10% of what you otherwise would, and the message will say your life is "slipping away" rather than "draining away".