PDA

View Full Version : getting past dungeon level 14

Blackleaf
July 3, 2008, 15:24
I've managed to get a character decently geared out - basic resist to cold/acid/fire and free action and see invisible. So I wanted to start diving deep. But I started running into the icky blue thing at 14, explosive breeding, blind, scare, confuse and they open freaking doors :eek:

So these things pretty much send me running for the stairs the second I see one, but it seems like there is no way to get proper resistance to these things. Am I doomed to abandon every level these things show up on or is there some simple gear I'm missing out on?

Narvius
July 3, 2008, 15:40
A longbow (+8, +8) with a nice stack of ammo.
Costs around 2000-5000 AU if you enchant it yourself from scratch IIRC.
Something of (Monster) Detection, to avoid blinders.
Cubragol ^.^

Marble Dice
July 3, 2008, 15:55
Cubragol ^.^

Is there any question that isn't the answer to?

As with most breeders, you have two choices: kill them instantly, or just leave them alone. Blue icky things can be nasty, but they move slowly and only cast 1 in 8. I probably wouldn't get near them unless you've got rconf/rblind, some speed, or enough damage to kill them in about 1 hit (they have ~35 hp, so a longbow (+?,+9) will one-shot them almost as often as it doesn't).

As you obtain higher character levels, your saving throw will become better, which will provide some "innate" resistance.

I don't think blue ickies are especially common either, so if you just keep diving you'll quickly distance yourself from them.

Blackleaf
July 3, 2008, 22:45
Thanks, took the diving advice and didn't run into em again. I guess I just had a bad streak with them showing up on 3 trips in a row. I was mostly wondering if I *needed* rconf/rblind to get past 14, which seemed hard.

Nystul
July 7, 2008, 21:44
Is there any question that isn't the answer to?

What's a good launcher for a level 50 ranger??

Sorry for the tangent. :)

Pete Mack
July 28, 2008, 00:26
DL 14 or 60, the strategy is the same: run like hell.

Garrie
August 8, 2008, 10:14
DL 14 or 60, the strategy is the same: run like hell.

There are two ways to get past DL[X]:
1) Find a >
2) Find a trap-door trap.

All the gear you are carrying is just to help you do either 1) or 2).