PDA

View Full Version : smeagol

Caesum
August 26, 2008, 19:18
My dunadan ranger is now clvl 34 at dlvl 34 and just about done with stat gain, although I'm still a bit wary of diving deeper since my last one died to a pack of inertia and gravity hounds on dlvl35. However I've been trying to kill all the uniques up to this level and I'm just having problems finding two of them - smeagol and draebor. I've not seen smeagol at all this run, is he likely to appear this deep or do I need to go back up a bit to find him? I tried playing on levels 3-5 or so for a while but he never appeared. I've met draebor twice but both times he teleported me off the level, very annoying!

awldune
August 26, 2008, 19:46
For Smeagol, you might want to go to level 3, find a downstairs, and then go back and forth between levels 3-4 casting Detect Invisible.

If it's that important to you, that is.

He has a chance of dropping an "exceptional" item, so you are better off killing him deeper to get a better drop. He'll show up eventually.

The Sparrow
August 26, 2008, 19:51
Really? For some reason, I've noticed the deeper I kill Smeagol, the LESS likely it is he drops anything at all.

awldune
August 26, 2008, 21:19
Don't know whether he is more or less likely to drop an object based on depth, but your "exceptional" object will be better quality the deeper you are.

Snotty
August 26, 2008, 22:30
I killed smeagol yesterday at ~dlvl 30.

rdermyer
August 26, 2008, 23:12
Did he drop anything good?

Snotty
August 27, 2008, 12:43
not really. glaive of slay something, and another 'good' weapon. I was ~clvl 27