Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   AAR (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   memorable randarts (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=3486)

Magnate September 6, 2010 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ycombinator (Post 39609)
I've just found this:
Code:

The Two-Handed Great Flail of Aique (9d6) (+31,+18) [+22] (+3)
  +3 intelligence, wisdom, constitution, infravision, tunneling,
  speed.
  Slays animals, evil creatures, orcs, trolls, giants.
  *Slays* dragons, demons, undead.
  Branded with acid, lightning, flames, frost, venom.
  Provides immunity to acid, lightning.
  Provides resistance to fire, cold, dark, blindness, confusion,
  nexus.
  Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
  Sustains dexterity, constitution, charisma.
  Blessed by the gods.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
  Aggravates creatures nearby. 
 
  When activated, it restores all your stats and your experience poi
  nts.
  Takes 1193 to 2254 turns to recharge at your current speed.
  Your chance of success is 83.3%
 
  Combat info:
  8 blows/round.
  Average damage/hit: 193.7 vs. animals, 193.7 vs. evil creatures,
  232.1 vs. orcs, 232.1 vs. trolls, 232.1 vs. giants, 232.1 vs.
  creatures not resistant to acid, 232.1 vs. creatures not resistant
  to electricity, 232.1 vs. creatures not resistant to fire, 232.1
  vs. creatures not resistant to cold, 232.1 vs. creatures not
  resistant to poison, 308.9 vs. dragons, 308.9 vs. demons, 308.9
  vs. undead, and 116.8 vs. others.

I guess that's about as far as RNG can go in creating ultimate weapon. Combined with +3 blows Palantir it's just plain scary.

That is astoundingly good - Bladeturner-derived for sure. Which version are you playing? In the newer nightlies it should have had quite a power increment from all those slays, which makes it a little surprising that there was still enough power for two immunities ...

Ycombinator September 6, 2010 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 39610)
That is astoundingly good - Bladeturner-derived for sure. Which version are you playing? In the newer nightlies it should have had quite a power increment from all those slays, which makes it a little surprising that there was still enough power for two immunities ...

Pre-r2000, so latest restrictions don't apply. I've started this game almost two month ago and didn't want to change Angband binaries in the middle of it.

Magnate September 6, 2010 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ycombinator (Post 39613)
Pre-r2000, so latest restrictions don't apply. I've started this game almost two month ago and didn't want to change Angband binaries in the middle of it.

Ah, good. I'm pretty confident that such a gross weapon would not occur now then!

Ycombinator September 6, 2010 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 39615)
Ah, good. I'm pretty confident that such a gross weapon would not occur now then!

Would not occur at all, or the probability is vastly lower?

Magnate September 6, 2010 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ycombinator (Post 39616)
Would not occur at all, or the probability is vastly lower?

I doubt that it could occur at all now, because that combination of powers should have such a high rating that it can't be generated from any standart, even Bladeturner.

Sirridan September 13, 2010 05:03

I found a new randart, it's not awesome due to its stats, but its overwhelming calculated artifact power. I was going through the generated artifact.spo for a while, and checking out the artifacts above 250-300 power. Of course there are the big ones like Grond and MICOM with powers over 10,000, and The One Ring at 50k some.

There was one artifact however, with a power of 4294967205... it was supremely terrible. (I'll post the stats when I'm on my laptop.)

(I know the actual power is -91, I'm assuming it's being cast as an unsigned int ;) )

Magnate September 13, 2010 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirridan (Post 39958)
I found a new randart, it's not awesome due to its stats, but its overwhelming calculated artifact power. I was going through the generated artifact.spo for a while, and checking out the artifacts above 250-300 power. Of course there are the big ones like Grond and MICOM with powers over 10,000, and The One Ring at 50k some.

There was one artifact however, with a power of 4294967205... it was supremely terrible. (I'll post the stats when I'm on my laptop.)

(I know the actual power is -91, I'm assuming it's being cast as an unsigned int ;) )

Yep, that's a %u in the print line which should be a %d. Will fix this.

Sirridan September 15, 2010 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 39991)
Yep, that's a %u in the print line which should be a %d. Will fix this.

Not a huge deal, unless someone wanted to make a parser or something.

I did find a great randart though, +9 speed boots with telepathy. Absolutely amazing since it allowed for major equipment reshuffles :)

Magnate September 15, 2010 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirridan (Post 40048)
Not a huge deal, unless someone wanted to make a parser or something.

I did find a great randart though, +9 speed boots with telepathy. Absolutely amazing since it allowed for major equipment reshuffles :)

Very nice - telepathy is rare on boots.

Nomad November 6, 2010 21:29

Now that's a pretty nice hat...

Code:

The Hard Leather Cap of Glithor [2,+21] (+2)
(dropped by a Paladin at 1700 feet (level 34))

+2 wisdom, charisma.
Provides resistance to poison.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Sustains charisma.
Sustains your life force.  Grants telepathy.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 

When activated, it hastens you for d75+75 turns.
Takes 182 to 338 turns to recharge.
Your chance of success is 87.0%

Obviously, it's the sustain charisma that I anticipate being most useful to my half-troll warrior.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.