Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAangband 2.0.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10887)

Nick August 22, 2021 05:13

FAangband 2.0.0

FAangband 2.0.0 is now available for Windows, MacOS and as source. The official site is here.

For those unfamiliar with it, FAangband was originally forked from Oangband, and developed until around 2014 with version 1.4.4. Development was restarted in 2020, with a rewrite aimed at re-implementing the best features of original FAangband but based on the latest Angband code base.

Since this version is heavily based on Angband there are way too many people to thank here, but I would like to mention:
  • Arralen
  • backwardsEric
  • Cuboideb (Diego Gonzalez)
  • David Medley
  • dhouseholder
  • EugeneLesnov
  • Gwarl
  • HolyRage
  • Ingwe Ingweron
  • jevansau
  • kheldar
  • MITZE
  • Rodent/Sideways/sulkasormi
  • Sacksquatch
  • wobbly
for specific FA_related help.

Please play, enjoy and report bugs - there will be plenty :)

HugoTheGreat2011 August 22, 2021 05:15

@Nick Can you please update FAAngband to 2.0.0 official now?

Of course, congratulations on the big news!!

getter77 August 22, 2021 13:19

Congrats on hitting this big release milestone!

EugeneLesnov August 22, 2021 14:40

Hurray! Very glad that this release is finally out!

Maybe soon we will start receiving news about Beleriand...;)

Cuboideb August 22, 2021 14:49

Congratulations! Well done!

Ingwe Ingweron August 22, 2021 17:07

Congratulations, Nick! :)

Bucephalus August 22, 2021 23:17

Ha! There goes the rest of my day.

EugeneLesnov August 22, 2021 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucephalus (Post 154887)
Ha! There goes the rest of my day.

Huh, same. Already got 28 lvl petty dwarf mage..The game feels very fresh and interesting..Can't wait to quest appear %)

tg122 August 23, 2021 00:00

Thanks Nick! Been looking forward to this one for a while! Question: where would you like me to report crashes related to the Android port? Should I report them here or to Diego? I am having a recurring crash in Amon Rudh level 15 when trying to recall back to my home. Just got to Amon Rudhm, my home is in Belegost and I have 1 more portal to Khazad Dum. When using a scroll of word of recall, it asks me what recall point I want to replace and I select "nowhere" and then as soon as I get the message saying I'm getting yanked back home, the game crashes. I'll post this in the Android thread too, apologies if this is Android specific, not sure what the cause is, Android or source.

Nick August 23, 2021 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by tg122 (Post 154891)
Thanks Nick! Been looking forward to this one for a while! Question: where would you like me to report crashes related to the Android port? Should I report them here or to Diego? I am having a recurring crash in Amon Rudh level 15 when trying to recall back to my home. Just got to Amon Rudhm, my home is in Belegost and I have 1 more portal to Khazad Dum. When using a scroll of word of recall, it asks me what recall point I want to replace and I select "nowhere" and then as soon as I get the message saying I'm getting yanked back home, the game crashes. I'll post this in the Android thread too, apologies if this is Android specific, not sure what the cause is, Android or source.

Here is good, but probably to Diego too. Do you have a savefile?