Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The future of Oangband? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4551)

CJNyfalt August 1, 2011 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 57817)
I love the way Leon implemented haggling. The storekeep remembers how good a haggler you are, and you never have to haggle for the same thing twice. It gives me a real sense of achievement when I've haggled for all the healing potions and can just buy them at the agreed price ...

... but also, the storekeeper stocks better stuff once s/he knows I'm a good haggler.

I'm not sure if O has all the same stuff that S 1.0 had, though.

Even then, it is worth being stuck with the old shop interface and an option?

Magnate August 1, 2011 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJNyfalt (Post 57889)
Even then, it is worth being stuck with the old shop interface and an option?

Almost certainly not - I've never found another player who enjoys haggling. Even Derakon (who appears to be my long-lost twin and have precisely the same views on almost everything Angband-related) doesn't enjoy haggling, IIRC.

But I don't see why retaining a haggling option would mean being stuck with an old store interface ... ?

CJNyfalt August 1, 2011 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 57896)
But I don't see why retaining a haggling option would mean being stuck with an old store interface ... ?

It mostly because the store code is such a complicated mess that I'm not sure I will be able to update the interface and keep haggling.

Magnate August 1, 2011 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJNyfalt (Post 57909)
It mostly because the store code is such a complicated mess that I'm not sure I will be able to update the interface and keep haggling.

Weird. Have you looked at V's store.c? It's quite clean and pretty much self-contained (other than obvious deps on object handling functions). Is the problem that the UI and gameplay are not cleanly separated? takkaria and others did a lot of work on that in 3.1.0, which might be why V's is cleaner.

CJNyfalt August 1, 2011 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnate (Post 57932)
Weird. Have you looked at V's store.c? It's quite clean and pretty much self-contained (other than obvious deps on object handling functions). Is the problem that the UI and gameplay are not cleanly separated? takkaria and others did a lot of work on that in 3.1.0, which might be why V's is cleaner.

Well, the problem is that O's store.c is quite complicated and there are a lot of differences compared to V.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.