Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Announce] PosChengband 7.0.0 Released (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500)

Montana71 August 15, 2017 09:16

don't think I'm going to download the 7.x the melee nerfs sound way to strong 20 little things hitting me with some paralyze or somesuch and they each have a separate roll = one will roll a 20 and I'm screwed 6x just came out recently seems less brutal on melee play

CyclopsSlayer August 15, 2017 17:44

Seems the Virtue system is friendlier, no longer as punishing to players for actually killing monsters.
I had been turning it off as uselessly annoying, but new version, so everything is on

CyclopsSlayer August 16, 2017 00:17

Ah, how to tell your new mage character is doomed? Step down to 50' and there two steps away, a Main Gauche of Westernesse.

- Bug with the Hex spellcasting error message, Attempting the second spell without canceling the first yields the error "Can not spell while spell more."

nikheizen August 16, 2017 04:02

More findings:

Pretty much every element can now be an aura.
Hellfire is now an element, which I have seen in the form of a hellfire lance from one of the black 'p' monsters.
A bunch of new spiders with damage auras, jump, and plenty of their damage type on their attacks.
You can no longer use Phase Door to teleport out of vaults. Instead it fails without printing a message and wastes your turn. This is really dumb.
!Healing no longer seems to cure poison, but says it does in its description.

Don't melee Venom spiders without a source of poison removal. Yikes!

You probably want to be carrying around a source of poison removal for much of the game now:
_Curing !Curing !Neutralize Poison all remove 100 points off your poison counter in my experience.

jupiter999 August 16, 2017 06:23

Sorry if I asked a noob question.
Is it ok to migrate saves from version 6.1.0? :confused:

krazyhades August 16, 2017 07:02

nope, 7.0 breaks savefile compatibility with the 6.x versions

jupiter999 August 16, 2017 10:08

I wonder if in the future, player can go back to their home and pick an option from there to create migration files, then load those files in home back to normal saves using newer version :rolleyes:

Derakon August 16, 2017 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter999 (Post 123272)
I wonder if in the future, player can go back to their home and pick an option from there to create migration files, then load those files in home back to normal saves using newer version :rolleyes:

Unlikely. If that were feasible to do (for a one-dev hobby project), then it'd also be feasible to just let the new version load the old version's saves directly, automatically detecting when a migration needs to be performed.

CyclopsSlayer August 16, 2017 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 123273)
Unlikely. If that were feasible to do (for a one-dev hobby project), then it'd also be feasible to just let the new version load the old version's saves directly, automatically detecting when a migration needs to be performed.

Especially with the class removals, NPC changes, and additions, logs and accomplishments would be utter chaos.

Odd 'bug', I still have a 6.10 install and when I open the 7.0 client and choose open characters, it takes me to the 6.10 Character directory, NOT the 7.0 one.

HugoTheGreat2011 August 17, 2017 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer (Post 123276)
Especially with the class removals, NPC changes, and additions, logs and accomplishments would be utter chaos.

Odd 'bug', I still have a 6.10 install and when I open the 7.0 client and choose open characters, it takes me to the 6.10 Character directory, NOT the 7.0 one.

I had this one before even way before 7.0.0...It might have something to do with the registry if you're on Windows.