Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Announce] PosChengband 7.0.0 Released (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500)

Red Sky Grishka August 19, 2017 20:40

Quick question: Does the 'Virtue' system actually have an influence on the game or is it just for spellcasting fail rates?

Red Sky Grishka August 19, 2017 20:45

NOTE: another bug: when using the samurai, kendo magic, upon casting a learnt attack, the bars of : 'name', 'LV', 'SP' are displayed twice, which is pretty much unnecessary

Rudiment August 20, 2017 22:58

Nubz Questions

Well, i play as a rogue class and i have a couple of questions:
1) I have a backstab attack for an enemy which sleeping or fleeing. Does this kind of attack have increased damage or it only for roleplaying sake without any bonuses?
2) I found a broad sword which have title (Armageddon). I assume this is some kind of brand, but i don't know what is suppose to do. Where do i can find a list of all brand with desc for this game?

Snarka August 21, 2017 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocht (Post 123228)
I don't remember Mi-Go being summoners before

I've not played Poscheng yet, just wanted to note that in Zangband and Z+Angband they do summon. They are rather weak and usually killed before they could show all their fine skills : ))

Fnord August 21, 2017 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudiment (Post 123360)
Well, i play as a rogue class and i have a couple of questions:
1) I have a backstab attack for an enemy which sleeping or fleeing. Does this kind of attack have increased damage or it only for roleplaying sake without any bonuses?
2) I found a broad sword which have title (Armageddon). I assume this is some kind of brand, but i don't know what is suppose to do. Where do i can find a list of all brand with desc for this game?

1) Yes. Does a lot more damage (3*base or more).
2) For any fully identified weapon, just pressing i/e and then the letter of the weapon will tell you its properties (or use x in stores). If it's not fully identified, use *identify* (Scroll, spell, town service).

wobbly August 21, 2017 05:29

Also worth keeping in mind back-stab works with confusion & a bunch of other stuff unless that has changed in 7.0, it did in the older versions. So look for a staff of confusion for extra fun

HugoTheGreat2011 August 21, 2017 05:33

Bug:
If you're killed by a monster that outside of your LOS, then the Tombstone would say you were killed by 'it'...without identifying what it was...

Or...Is this something new??

Rudiment August 21, 2017 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fnord (Post 123362)
1) Yes. Does a lot more damage (3*base or more).
2) For any fully identified weapon, just pressing i/e and then the letter of the weapon will tell you its properties (or use x in stores). If it's not fully identified, use *identify* (Scroll, spell, town service).

I know it, but this broad sword is fully identified. Even in Library (Morivant) there is no option to Research this particular sword and there is no warning left about *identify* in description of this sword. So title Armageddon left unexplained. Maybe this sword power up magic from realm of Armadeddon?

Rudiment August 21, 2017 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocht (Post 123367)
Armageddon weapons have bigger damage dice, and sometimes (always?) weigh more, and nothing else
You want Armageddon weapons if you are playing a mauler
The word Armageddon is for flavour or whatever, each spell realm is a weapon ego, like life weapons give bonus life, or death weapons giving lifesteal, there is crusade and trump and so on

Thank you. Where did you find this information? Ingame manual or other sources?

nikheizen August 21, 2017 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocht (Post 123367)
Armageddon weapons have bigger damage dice, and sometimes (always?) weigh more, and nothing else
You want Armageddon weapons if you are playing a mauler
The word Armageddon is for flavour or whatever, each spell realm is a weapon ego, like life weapons give bonus life, or death weapons giving lifesteal, there is crusade and trump and so on

Not to mention they often have large plusses.

Some feedback on 7.0.0 for Chris:
Attacking acid veils with acid immunity still triggers the "you are dissolved" message.
New attack flavour messages seem to trigger even with elemental immunity to the given damage type.
Healing type effects (staves, potions, spells) all say they cure poison, but do not - Holiness does this as well