Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bugs and issues in 4.1.1 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8703)

Ingwe Ingweron November 24, 2017 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfy (Post 126410)
I'm used to playing mages and rangers and the occasional priest, but it does seem like the game is weighted against my poor warrior. Yes, it could be the RNG but it just feels unbalanced. Perhaps a discussion more for the planned 4.2.0 changes.

So many of us talk about class/race balance, and I'm sure it is an issue, but I'm never actually sure about what the "right" balance is. Play ten warriors in a row, and you might feel that warriors are well-balanced and mages are not, and vice-versa. Rather, I find that each requires a slightly different play style. Not necessarily unbalanced, just different.

mrfy November 25, 2017 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 126425)
So many of us talk about class/race balance, and I'm sure it is an issue, but I'm never actually sure about what the "right" balance is. Play ten warriors in a row, and you might feel that warriors are well-balanced and mages are not, and vice-versa. Rather, I find that each requires a slightly different play style. Not necessarily unbalanced, just different.

I agree, but it does get frustrating to set off every single trap (of course it's not every one, just seems that way). Will just have to adjust my play style so that's less of an issue.

And now that I have a bow, arrows and a decent weapon, I should try to dive a bit to get better gear.

Nick November 25, 2017 06:30

New builds are up om the nightlies page, with the following fixes:
  • Extra space removed from description of non-lights with a light radius;
  • Debug object tweaking function uses names of artifacts and egos instead of indices;
  • Descriptions of items with multiple breath activations are streamlined.

Estie November 25, 2017 09:00

Trying to create an artifact spoiler file crashes the game.

Edit Also had a random crash when attempting to destroy (squelch) an average cap, however it didnt happen again the second time around.

Nick November 25, 2017 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estie (Post 126458)
Trying to create an artifact spoiler file crashes the game.

Confirmed - I've introduced a bug in object info.

Sky November 25, 2017 15:40

in angband-win-4.1.1-10-g092421f2, the ring of open wounds does not identify correctly. you can learn the impaired hitpoint recovery rune, but then you just get a Rhodonite Ring (or whatever) , no {??} symbol, and you cannot use identify on it.

Derakon November 25, 2017 17:31

Try activating it.

Sky November 25, 2017 19:26

that's silly, and it wasn't like this before; once the last rune is known, the item is fully identified. what if i want to wear an artifact that activates for stat change? or tele level ?

luneya November 25, 2017 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky (Post 126469)
in angband-win-4.1.1-10-g092421f2, the ring of open wounds does not identify correctly. you can learn the impaired hitpoint recovery rune, but then you just get a Rhodonite Ring (or whatever) , no {??} symbol, and you cannot use identify on it.

Activation is the way to formally id this one. Or do as I do, hit "k" and select to squelch all rhodonite rings. You'll never ever want to actually use rings of open wounds, so there's no reason to wait for official identification before squelching. (Contrast something like the disarming/door destruction pair, which you might want to actually identify because they have some legitimate niche uses.)

Sky November 25, 2017 23:55

# Random ring of power 68
name:'Eanduia'
base-object:ring:Band
graphics:=:Dark
info:60:2:25000
alloc:59:20 to 40
power:0:0d0:0:0:0
flags:NO_TELEPORT
values:INFRA[-2] | LIGHT[1]
curse:cowardice:66
curse:teleportation:34