Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Comp 202 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8277)

Pete Mack February 24, 2017 22:46

So, problems:
1. It hangs when freshly compiled on Windows. Requires WinXP compatibility mode.
2. Executable shows no debug symbols when compiled -g in gcc. No clue about this.
Hope this works...
Edit: having trouble downloading the save file in Edge. It wants to save it as txt, no idea why. I'll use a different browser.

unic February 25, 2017 23:03

So, Mana Burn - does it happen automatically, or do I have to do something to activate it?

Nick February 25, 2017 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by unic (Post 118504)
So, Mana Burn - does it happen automatically, or do I have to do something to activate it?

It's one of the specialties - looking at your character, you took Athletics instead. You get another choice at CL20, if you make it that far :)

Pete Mack February 25, 2017 23:39

Normally I wouldn't take athletics, focusing on offence and defense instead (darkness, shield bash, mana burn, etc.) But for shadow fairy, CON is just a desperate need. Or does the shadow fairy get darkness specialty innately?

Nick February 25, 2017 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 118506)
Normally I wouldn't take athletics, focusing on offence and defense instead (darkness, shield bash, mana burn, etc.) But for shadow fairy, CON is just a desperate need. Or does the shadow fairy get darkness specialty innately?

Shadow Fairy's innate thing is no aggravate, you need to take Unlight to get the darkness features. 'O' command shows all the specialty stuff.

unic February 26, 2017 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 118505)
It's one of the specialties - looking at your character, you took Athletics instead. You get another choice at CL20, if you make it that far :)

Yeah, and I took Mana Burn at 20 :) Have seen it activate by now... seems it happens randomly on occasion?

Pete Mack February 26, 2017 00:10

I think it requires critical hits, which is why I recommended waiting til the midgame (cl 40, say.) They happen better than every other turn when you're getting 5 blows with a heavy weapon.

unic February 26, 2017 01:51

The help text says something about Rogues being better with light weapons - what does this actually mean in game mechanisms?

And general reminder - which Ego items can have extra abilities and needs to be *identified*? Have forgotten so much stuff...

Pete Mack February 26, 2017 02:20

Any that 'might have hidden powers.' In practice that means anything beyond branded weapons, and anything better than resistance armor.

Pete Mack February 27, 2017 18:31

So, what a pain. Don't accidentally try to wield a spellbook. It'll get "wielded" and disappear. Silly bug.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.