Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Nick February 14, 2020 23:15

New builds are now up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
  • Some efficiency and reliability fixes (thanks eastwind)
  • Fixed some stupid plurals
  • Feature where unreadable books were less common has been restored
  • Earthquakes can now push the player into traps, webs or squares with objects, which makes them less likely to be crushed

Nick February 16, 2020 11:03

Another update, builds etc. in the usual places. Just code cleanup this time, a big lot of improvements to the macOS port from backwardsEric and fixes to some potential problems found by infer.

PowerWyrm February 18, 2020 14:42

Commit 84ffecf changed hunger to a timed effect, but this also removed the messages (aka sounds) for the effects since "msgt" is not defined in player_timed.txt for the FOOD effect.

Initially, there were two sounds here: MSG_HUNGRY for when going "Hungry" and MSG_NOTICE for any other food status change. Using MSG_HUNGRY would fit better, as MSG_NOTICE is mroe generic.

Drokk February 18, 2020 22:43

Been jumping in to 4.2 for the last couple days. Having some fun, refreshing myself with an attempt of the older classes before hopping in to the new ones.

Might just be me, but it felt like Poison had a much bigger role in the early game, my warrior was pretty poorly suited to deal with it. Cure poison / rpois as a ranger spell was a pleasant surprise.

Its been ages since I played, can I learn past the first spell book as a Rogue / Ranger? Do I need to reach a certain level? Currently CL 31 as a Ranger, things are going fairly well, except almost dying to one of the newer tree enemies.

Might actually have a winner on my hands, going to take a break from it and see what I can do with a ~necromancer~

Pete Mack February 18, 2020 23:24

There are dungeon books for each class, yes.But only one town book

PowerWyrm February 19, 2020 13:36

Commit 13db04d introduced different code for lighting which only consider TORCH features. Before, it was considering all COLOR_WHITE features. Result: stairs aren't lit differently anymore (ASCII mode). Maybe they should get the TORCH flag.

Pete Mack February 19, 2020 19:50

Gothmog's lash is made of fire in canon, yes.

Nick February 19, 2020 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 143116)
Commit 13db04d introduced different code for lighting which only consider TORCH features. Before, it was considering all COLOR_WHITE features. Result: stairs aren't lit differently anymore (ASCII mode). Maybe they should get the TORCH flag.

OK, they get the TORCH flag.

PowerWyrm February 20, 2020 13:04

Commit 62e771f has probably the logic reversed:

Code:

/* Taking damage from terrain makes moving vital */
        if (monster_taking_terrain_damage(mon)) {
                /* If the player is not currently near the monster, no reason to flow */
                if (mon->cdis >= mon->best_range) {
                        return false;
                }

/* Monster is too far away to use sound or scent */
                if (!monster_can_hear(c, mon) && !monster_can_smell(c, mon)) {
                        return false;
                }
        }

I'd say the checks should be done when the monster is NOT taking damage, no?

Nick February 20, 2020 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 143138)
Commit 62e771f has probably the logic reversed:

Code:

/* Taking damage from terrain makes moving vital */
        if (monster_taking_terrain_damage(mon)) {
                /* If the player is not currently near the monster, no reason to flow */
                if (mon->cdis >= mon->best_range) {
                        return false;
                }

/* Monster is too far away to use sound or scent */
                if (!monster_can_hear(c, mon) && !monster_can_smell(c, mon)) {
                        return false;
                }
        }

I'd say the checks should be done when the monster is NOT taking damage, no?

OK, thanks, fixed in dev. Also I get to continue playing "Where is PowerWyrm up to in pulling in V changes?" :)