Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Oposband 0.3 Release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9866)

EpicMan May 16, 2020 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 145463)
make -f Makefile.src is also broken

I'm guessing you copied over a whole bunch of stuff from frog like linux build files etc in this update and it broke everything

That is the case. I have updated the Makefiles in master.

EpicMan May 16, 2020 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145481)
About these from FCPB:
The 'ridiculous squeak' mutation causes a -4 CHR penalty, yet the 'featureless face' mutation causes a -1 CHR penalty. Shouldn't the ''featureless' face have a greater CHR penalty than 'ridiculous squeak'. Sideways didn't much to say about this one.

Yeah, that is strange. I changed featureless face to nervous tic as that seems less of a deal than a squeaky voice.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 18, 2020 07:10

More requests:
Make monster elemental breaths turn terrain into lava/ice. Realistically, this should be true for dragons that are mature or stronger. Same for various mid-game or later higher level monsters.

Subwindows / base delay / hit point warnings are accessible with 'W/w', 'D/d', and 'H/h'. What's the big deal? Here, you can use those options with the respective Uppercase and lowercase. It should be accessible only via the uppercase letters for consistency reasons. In the '~' menu, you can access those other listings only with the letter of the correct case. Why not have all menus be consistent with casing :)

EpicMan May 18, 2020 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145587)
More requests:
Make monster elemental breaths turn terrain into lava/ice. Realistically, this should be true for dragons that are mature or stronger. Same for various mid-game or later higher level monsters.

Subwindows / base delay / hit point warnings are accessible with 'W/w', 'D/d', and 'H/h'. What's the big deal? Here, you can use those options with the respective Uppercase and lowercase. It should be accessible only via the uppercase letters for consistency reasons. In the '~' menu, you can access those other listings only with the letter of the correct case. Why not have all menus be consistent with casing :)

ToME2 had elemental attacks that created lava / ice on the floor. Player spells also did so. It could lead to some item loss though. I like the idea though.

For the menus I agree consistency is good. I think the solution is to change the letter selection to lowercase in all three situations, there is no need to make them uppercase as there is in the knowledge menus.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 19, 2020 07:21

Another one:
The '<' command apparently has a (undocumented) dual function of entering and exiting the global wilderness map. Helpfiles make it sound like: the '<' command should only enter the global world wilderness map mode and the '>' command can exit the global world wilderness map.

EpicMan May 19, 2020 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145621)
Another one:
The '<' command apparently has a (undocumented) dual function of entering and exiting the global wilderness map. Helpfiles make it sound like: the '<' command should only enter the global world wilderness map mode and the '>' command can exit the global world wilderness map.

Odd. Can you think of any situation where it actually matters whether the user types '<' or '>'? I feel like having separate commands to take upstairs vs downstairs is just command bloat. The only place I can think of where it might matter is if you are in the wilderness standing on a dungeon entrance and want to go to the overworld map. That's a pretty specific circumstance.

I am inclined to make both '<' and '>' let the player take any staircase they are standing on, or if not on a staircase and on the surface go to the wilderness map. Removing one command might be too hard for existing players whose muscle memory will be to hit the matching key to take the stairs. Help documentation will focus on '>', with '<' listed as an alternate key.

EpicMan May 20, 2020 05:16

Added some of Hugo's requests in GitHub, I need to review my todo list and do some more testing before releasing another update. Imitators might actually work this time around.

-Destruction works in a much weaker fashion (monsters have 50% chance to survive, creates water per Nick's link instead of walls much of the time, rubble instead of granite is created.

-Messages about items you walk over and such will say "you feel a foo" instead of "you see a foo".

-Not Hugo's actual request, but the game will take either '>' or '<' interchangeably for all interactions. The only gameplay change is that if you are standing on a dungeon entrance you have to take a step before going to the overworld map. Both keys are left in (as opposed to consolidating on one key, although the help documents focus on '>' and refer to '<' as an alternate key for it) because we've all had too much training using '<' to go up, but new players won't have to deal with it.

Corpse weights are going to stay the way they are, it is enough of a pain to lug one back to the town as it is.

Should have a 0.3.4 release soon. It will be the last of the 0.3 series, next I plan to make some drastic changes to items/egos/artifacts.

EpicMan May 20, 2020 05:41

Oposband 0.3.4 release

Oposband 0.3.4 is released.

This includes mostly bugfixes from 0.3.3.

-Destruction now works on the surface, but is much weaker as there is no ceiling to collapse.
-Imitators now use HP to cast double revenge. They might actually be working now.
-The '<' and '>' commands work interchangeably for taking staircases or switching between normal and world maps. Help points new players to just use '>' and lists '<' as an alternate key for that command.
-Help now documents that showing quest info is 'Q' and quitting is Control+Q, and viewing old messages is 'P' in regular command set.
-Some messages refer to feeling things instead of seeing them if the player is blind.
-All files should refer to Oposband and not FrogComposband or Composband, unless it makes sense to.

Windows binary: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/...band.0.3.4.zip
Github: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/releases/tag/0.3.4

Gwarl May 20, 2020 09:50

okay this time we have

Quote:

Entering directory src
Generating dependencies...
make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'mspells3.c.dep'. Stop.
Failed to generate dependencies!
just changing the references to frogcomposband in the makefiles can't fix this we need the correct lists of source files in Makefile.src and such

EpicMan May 20, 2020 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 145639)
okay this time we have

just changing the references to frogcomposband in the makefiles can't fix this we need the correct lists of source files in Makefile.src and such

OK, I fixed the other missing file references but missed that one. Fixed in master. You can also just remove "mspells3.o blue_mage.o" from line 40 of Makefile.src