Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Oposband 0.3 Release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9866)

TauzentBlitz May 22, 2020 15:16

Kind of a small nitpick, but any spell that would have capped at expert proficiency before (ex. mage's second realm) still has a '!' showing in the casting menu.

Roch May 27, 2020 03:04

There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.

Gwarl May 27, 2020 18:31

0.3.5 is up on live, I think we'll wait for a couple more bugfixes before we run a competition

wobbly May 27, 2020 19:33

So when are you adding Opossums?

EpicMan May 29, 2020 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roch (Post 145870)
There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.

Roch, what version are you playing? Also what race/class?

EpicMan May 29, 2020 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 145884)
So when are you adding Opossums?

That's a great question. I had not seen the connection before but now we have to have one. I am thinking they are a 'q' monster that mimics a random corpse until you move next to it.

Sideways May 31, 2020 19:20

A few quick bugs I'm noticing in the quest files:

- Thieves' Hideout specifies a thrusting sword for duelists; there is no such object type
- The Old Castle specifies a monster called "corrupted celestial", but no such monster exists (fallen angels having been renamed to "darkened archons" rather than "corrupted celestials")
- Clean the Wreckage specifies a devil ray priest, but no such monster exists (the new name for ixitxachitl priests is "devil ray shaman")
- The Treachery of Lord Bovin specifies a baron of hell; they are now called barons of chaos (?!)
- The Volcano specifies a fire angel; they are now called yellow dragons
- The Node of Chaos specifies a great hell wyrm; they are now called great brimstone wyrms
- Demon Slayer specifies a ninjato for ninjas and ninja-lawyers; there is no such object type (the old level-45 version of Demon Slayer also crashes, but I think there's no way to actually trigger that quest in Opos)

EpicMan June 2, 2020 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roch (Post 145870)

I haven't been able to replicate any problems with either quest in 0.3.5 so I am assuming this was from 0.3.4 or an earlier version.

EpicMan June 2, 2020 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideways (Post 145947)
A few quick bugs I'm noticing in the quest files:

- Thieves' Hideout specifies a thrusting sword for duelists; there is no such object type
- The Old Castle specifies a monster called "corrupted celestial", but no such monster exists (fallen angels having been renamed to "darkened archons" rather than "corrupted celestials")
- Clean the Wreckage specifies a devil ray priest, but no such monster exists (the new name for ixitxachitl priests is "devil ray shaman")
- The Treachery of Lord Bovin specifies a baron of hell; they are now called barons of chaos (?!)
- The Volcano specifies a fire angel; they are now called yellow dragons
- The Node of Chaos specifies a great hell wyrm; they are now called great brimstone wyrms
- Demon Slayer specifies a ninjato for ninjas and ninja-lawyers; there is no such object type (the old level-45 version of Demon Slayer also crashes, but I think there's no way to actually trigger that quest in Opos)

Fixed in master. I'll compile a 0.3.6 release once the bugs stop coming in quite so fast.

TauzentBlitz June 2, 2020 16:15

Monster races all seem to be unskilled capped in all weapons.