Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Oposband 0.3 Release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9866)

EpicMan February 25, 2020 05:01

Oposband 0.3 Release
 
Oposband 0.3.0 "Break the world"

(Latest version 0.3.6)
Windows binary: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/...band-0.3.6.zip
Source on Github: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/releases/tag/0.3.6

Major changes:
-Probing & ID spells and abilities replaced with other abilities.
-Can use 'x' at birth screen to fully randomize character, and 'S' to randomize sex
-Modified weapon and body armor lists. Many redundant items were removed, names were shuffled around. A few more axe and dagger weapons added.

New options (default):
-Show damage numbers in combat (on), improved message flow and no longer affects score.
-Use XP modifiers as score penalties (or bonuses for < 100%) instead of XP requirements (on). If on all players have a 150% XP modifier (which is lower than the average 190% of normal scores). Replaced smart_learn option.
-No ID (OFF): all items begin the game IDed, all flavors known, etc. All of the normal ID mechanics are still there but now useless.

Minor changes:
-Heaven dungeon is now City of Amber
-Hell dungeon is now Nether Realm (maybe should be Courts of Chaos instead? Then stairway to hell monster could be the Black Road).
-Launchers of Accuracy replaced with Infravision-granting Launchers of Keen Sight
-Priests' water potions are holy water potions and are better for them when quaffed or thrown.
-Water hounds renamed/recolored Acid hounds and new Water hounds added that resist and shoot water.

ster February 25, 2020 12:16

[14:58] StNightmaer: Surgol Logrus
[15:02] StNightmaer: @Gwarl didn't you see. he wants to add tik's and fastitocalons to a poslike
[15:02] StNightmaer: breaking new ground
[15:04] StNightmaer: looks like there was some effort to fix the really bad new monsters but the wyrms all still have acid auras and hasty ents still have friends
[15:07] StNightmaer: easy thalos nerfing score (lol) super-gwarlvision (lmfao)
[15:12] StNightmaer: uhhh did he remove poison needles with no replacement or do i need my coffee before posting
[15:12] StNightmaer: hopefully this means babbles go with no replacement but i doubt it

EpicMan February 25, 2020 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ster (Post 143233)
[14:58] StNightmaer: Surgol Logrus
[15:02] StNightmaer: @Gwarl didn't you see. he wants to add tik's and fastitocalons to a poslike
[15:02] StNightmaer: breaking new ground
[15:04] StNightmaer: looks like there was some effort to fix the really bad new monsters but the wyrms all still have acid auras and hasty ents still have friends
[15:07] StNightmaer: easy thalos nerfing score (lol) super-gwarlvision (lmfao)
[15:12] StNightmaer: uhhh did he remove poison needles with no replacement or do i need my coffee before posting
[15:12] StNightmaer: hopefully this means babbles go with no replacement but i doubt it

-Tik will be guarding angband 127.
-Wyrms have auras in Frogcomposband.
-Hasty ents will lose friends and regen in next version.
-Needles and babbles are both still there. Babble was supposed to be slower but that change didn't get added.

EpicMan February 25, 2020 23:17

Oposband 0.3.1
 
Minor update:
-Obsolete Research monster function replaced with ferry to Thalos, replacing easy_thalos option.
-Tik'srvzllat from TOME now guards Angband level 127
-Added tomte monsters based on aquatic elves in ToME2
-Hasty Ent no longer has friends
-Metal Babble is slower
-Fixed birth stats menu showing old 18/XXX stats style
-Fixed thieves quest reward for paladins being better than it should have been

EDIT: Link in OP has been revised, new release is here: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/releases/tag/0.3.1

EpicMan March 24, 2020 14:31

Oposband 0.3.2
 
New bugfix release 0.3.2
Links in original post updated, here they are as well:
Windows binary: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/...band-0.3.2.zip
Source on Github: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/releases/tag/0.3.2

Renaming monsters breaks many quests it turns out. All the quests should be fixed now. Damage messages improved as well.

Weremonsters now often appear as humanoid creatures, then transform when you kill their first form.
Items that were specifically dangerous to werewolves are now equallt dangerous to wererats, werebears and wereworms too.

EpicMan May 11, 2020 20:34

New Release 0.3.3
-Incorporated the many, many QOL/bugfix/English improvements from Frogcomposband-7.1.Liquorice
-Two new races:Icky Things, which can enter symbiosis with immobile monsters (works like the Ring monster, but in reverse - player is the bearer), and Ghouls (from Zangband) who have a paralyzing touch attack and can sense the living.
-Tables in some rooms (from Halls of Mist) - make a DEX check to climb onto, monsters have a % chance to climb onto it.
-Pets/friendlies can kill uniques for you, and player always is alerted when a unique dies, even offscreen.
-Blue mages and Imitators reimplemented based on Frogcomposband's Blue Mage.
-Unarmed players with hands can make a 1d2 punch attack instead of being completely helpless.
-Nagas can now wield weapons, Hobbits cannot wear shoes anymore.



(Links in OP also updated)
NOTE: Release had a bug, see below for fixed re-release

Gwarl May 11, 2020 20:37

Cool I put 0.3.2 on .live recently but I'll add this and I think we'll run a competition. Good shout on incorporating the ghoul.

EpicMan May 11, 2020 22:17

Thanks Gwarl, I hadn't noticed the newer version up yet.

EpicMan May 11, 2020 23:14

Of course I don't notice a big problem until after the release. The Imitator's class power wasn't implemented, it was just a stub.

Fixed now and a new release has been made. I am updating the links in OP.

Fixed binary is here:
https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/...es/tag/0.3.3v2

HugoTheGreat2011 May 12, 2020 02:15

I have these requests, more like Hugostyle requests because they affect my playstyle or why I do certain things mostly for IRL-realism-reasons:

'Death and destruction!' This pleaseth me! *chaos patron reward*: This normally *Destructs* the non-permanent wall areas around the player inside dungeons only. But it has no effect in the wilderness. Sideways (aka rodent @ angband.live) says it shouldn't do anything in the wilderness, regardless of mountains or trees, because it would be weird. Dean Anderson's Cthangband's version of the destruction actually 'destroys' the nearby wilderness surroundings. That said, I really think it should destroy the nearby wilderness surroundings. And if not, it should auto-teleport players when it doesn't work :)

'Let me relieve thee of thine oppressors!' *chaos patron reward*: This either gives player the chance to genocide a monster type or mass genocides everything in the neighborhood WITHOUT causing the player to take HP damage. Sideways says players don't suffer any HP damage because it uses the chaos patron's HP (who knows much HP the chaos patrons really have --maybe make this like the Guardian Forces in FF7/FF8). I'm interested on what the Zangband devs had in mind. imo, this chaos patron action should drain the HP because that's just me. And also make this always teleport the player when it genocides - why? 1) Chaotic effect 2) kind of protective effect for player 3) #1 plus #2 :)

Player blindness mechanics should be changed so that the player doesn't see objects on the floor. Instead, it should 'read feet knocking over a Broad Axe' for example. I tend to want to view *band as a Microsoft Simulator 2021. Hehe. I don't know if a blind-HUD is even a good idea. I've had many discussions about the player-blindness should work and this is an example.

Corpse weights and skeletons should be their true IRL-like weights, not just 4lb for corpses and 2lb for skeletons. Do this for all classes. Or at least do this for the Chaos-Warriors because they're Chaotic after all. I might be the only one who thinks this should be the case for IRL-realism reasons.

If you don't know already, Confusion has nil effect on Staves of Teleport and Staves of Curing. I think Confusion should make it harder for players to use these Staves. Though, Confusion should make the Staves of Curing somewhat harder to use, rather than straight-up make it hard to use.

I already discussed the above several times with the angband.live folks. FCPB will not incorporate these because they're aren't popular and due to QOL reasons. But I feel like Oposband can be a new ground to try such ideas to make the game much harder in intuitive ways.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 12, 2020 02:33

*Spoiler*
Clairvoyance and Enlightenment equipment activations have very low failure rates by default and in my opinion should be balanced by INT + race+class+personality ability to use magical devices + clvl.

EpicMan May 12, 2020 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145388)
I have these requests, more like Hugostyle requests because they affect my playstyle or why I do certain things mostly for IRL-realism-reasons:
'Death and destruction!' This pleaseth me! *chaos patron reward*: This normally *Destructs* the non-permanent wall areas around the player inside dungeons only. But it has no effect in the wilderness. Sideways (aka rodent @ angband.live) says it shouldn't do anything in the wilderness, regardless of mountains or trees, because it would be weird. Dean Anderson's Cthangband's version of the destruction actually 'destroys' the nearby wilderness surroundings. That said, I really think it should destroy the nearby wilderness surroundings. And if not, it should auto-teleport players when it doesn't work :)

I think the idea behind the walls created by destruction is the roof collapsing, which is why it doesn't happen on the surface. I kind of like the idea of something happening, though, but weaker than if underground. Maybe it should create lava or rubble or dirt instead of walls if on the surface, and only affect a % of the tiles in radius. I'd have to be careful with town interactions to make sure a player couldn't ruin their game if you're in no_wilderness mode and destroy the only town.


Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145388)
'Let me relieve thee of thine oppressors!' *chaos patron reward*: This either gives player the chance to genocide a monster type or mass genocides everything in the neighborhood WITHOUT causing the player to take HP damage. Sideways says players don't suffer any HP damage because it uses the chaos patron's HP (who knows much HP the chaos patrons really have --maybe make this like the Guardian Forces in FF7/FF8). I'm interested on what the Zangband devs had in mind. imo, this chaos patron action should drain the HP because that's just me. And also make this always teleport the player when it genocides - why? 1) Chaotic effect 2) kind of protective effect for player 3) #1 plus #2 :)

I don't follow your logic for why you would want to be teleported right after the local area was genocided. Wouldn't that be less helpful? I also don't think it makes sense to drain your HP, since its the patron's casting and they're trying to help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145388)
Player blindness mechanics should be changed so that the player doesn't see objects on the floor. Instead, it should 'read feet knocking over a Broad Axe' for example. I tend to want to view *band as a Microsoft Simulator 2021. Hehe. I don't know if a blind-HUD is even a good idea. I've had many discussions about the player-blindness should work and this is an example.

Something like "you feel a broad axe on the floor"? What might make sense would be to prevent auto-ID/pseudo on walkover if you are blind, and then check the pack for items that need IDing/pseudo when you can see again. 'Bands basically assume the player is anal about mapping and remembering exactly what items are where on the map, so anything you had already found should still be known if you walk over it blind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145388)
Corpse weights and skeletons should be their true IRL-like weights, not just 4lb for corpses and 2lb for skeletons. Do this for all classes. Or at least do this for the Chaos-Warriors because they're Chaotic after all. I might be the only one who thinks this should be the case for IRL-realism reasons.

I've never paid attention to the corpse weights. Realistically they should be much heavier than weapons, but that might make it too onerous to carry wanted corpses and skeletons back to the surface. A lot of games have you collect scalps or tusks or something like that as evidence of kills, as opposed to the whole corpse, so something like that could be possible, but a lot of effort as you would almost need a different name for each monster corpse/skeleton type. Making the corpse objects weights be based on a % of the mob weight is probably doable, but might make playing Balrogs (who carry them around for food) unworkable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145388)
If you don't know already, Confusion has nil effect on Staves of Teleport and Staves of Curing. I think Confusion should make it harder for players to use these Staves. Though, Confusion should make the Staves of Curing somewhat harder to use, rather than straight-up make it hard to use.

I'll look at it, although I still want both of those (especially teleport) to be usable for most characters even while confused. Maybe just add 5-10% fail rate while confused, if it really is negligible.

EpicMan May 12, 2020 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145392)
*Spoiler*
Clairvoyance and Enlightenment equipment activations have very low failure rates by default and in my opinion should be balanced by INT + race+class+personality ability to use magical devices + clvl.

I'll take a look at the activation rates. My current thought is to adjust cooldown times (or recharging rate) based on the players devices skill and possibly INT.
A devicemaster might be able to use DSM breath attacks fairly frequently, making them pretty useful for that class.

My plan for 0.4 is to revamp items pretty extensively, having more less ego flavors that are giant grab bags of all the resists and bonuses, but having separate prefix and suffix egos, and letting items potentially have one of each.
There would be many more types of egos but far fewer actual artifacts, mainly for very special items (Serpent drops, the one ring, lazy artifacts, etc)

Weapons will be divided into # hands or sizes, a long sword would be a one-handed weapon for a human, that could be wielded with both hands, while a hobbit might always need to use two hands to wield, and a giant could wield a two-handed weapon with one hand.
I don't know if armor would be treated the same way, as there is no gameplay equivalent of hands being used for armor. it would mostly just mean X% of armor drops are unusable for characters of race Y. Armor may be more divided into light (robes, etc) medium (soft) and heavy (hard) or something like that. Not in a 'you can't equip heavy armors period because you're a mage' way, but penalizing it so you normally wouldn't wear heavy armor as a mage, but maybe you find something amazing that makes it worth the impact.

Nick May 12, 2020 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicMan (Post 145416)
I think the idea behind the walls created by destruction is the roof collapsing, which is why it doesn't happen on the surface. I kind of like the idea of something happening, though, but weaker than if underground. Maybe it should create lava or rubble or dirt instead of walls if on the surface, and only affect a % of the tiles in radius.

If you want to mimic actual earthquakes, water.

EpicMan May 13, 2020 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145418)
If you want to mimic actual earthquakes, water.

Fascinating. I suppose sprinkling in a bunch of pit traps would work, too, mimicking the quicksand effect.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 13, 2020 06:34

Got a question about this chaos mutation: You are susceptible to the ravages of the elements, which = "You take double damage from elemental attacks" in FCPB. I already know this means vulnerability to the basic four elements. I was wondering if you think this should include poison? Rodent doesn't think so because poison is the 'ugly stepsister' of the first four, and of course, vulnerability to the first four is bad enough. The reason I'm even asking this is because of 'element' semantics and the consistency of what the word 'element' means, etc. Thus, should Poison be in this element category? Well, I think it should be in that category.

I know you might question my logic in making the game even more complicated or more difficult. I might have to come up with better reasoning than just IRL-realism, which is the same reason alone why I'm now mentioning Poison in the elements vulnerability mutations.

EpicMan May 13, 2020 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145427)
Got a question about this chaos mutation: You are susceptible to the ravages of the elements, which = "You take double damage from elemental attacks" in FCPB. I already know this means vulnerability to the basic four elements. I was wondering if you think this should include poison? Rodent doesn't think so because poison is the 'ugly stepsister' of the first four, and of course, vulnerability to the first four is bad enough. The reason I'm even asking this is because of 'element' semantics and the consistency of what the word 'element' means, etc. Thus, should Poison be in this element category? Well, I think it should be in that category.

I know you might question my logic in making the game even more complicated or more difficult. I might have to come up with better reasoning than just IRL-realism, which is the same reason alone why I'm now mentioning Poison in the elements vulnerability mutations.

Poison is definitely the ugly stepsister of the elements. It has the high damage cap and resistance model of the base 4, but deals damage in a unique way in poslikes (over time). I can't remember if it is a possible 'high resist' in Vanilla or not.
But thematically I feel poison is a different category than earth/air/fire/water, I mean acid/electricity/fire/cold. Especially in Pos where it deals a DOT. I don't think I want to add poison vulernability to elemental attacks, but it probably should be a curse itself where you take double damage from poison.
I will probably change the curse text to something like "take double damage from the basic elements" or "basic 4 elements"

Gwarl May 14, 2020 16:12

Quote:

Entering directory src
Generating dependencies...
make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'hissatsu.c.dep'. Stop.
Failed to generate dependencies!
make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'hissatsu.o', needed by 'frogcomposband'. Stop.
../mk/buildsys.mk:110: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
mk/buildsys.mk:117: recipe for target 'subdirs' failed
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 2
mk/buildsys.mk:110: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
I think we fixed this before but I don't remember how, 0.3.2 didn't do this to me though

Gwarl May 14, 2020 16:15

make -f Makefile.src is also broken

I'm guessing you copied over a whole bunch of stuff from frog like linux build files etc in this update and it broke everything

HugoTheGreat2011 May 15, 2020 03:02

About these from FCPB:
The 'ridiculous squeak' mutation causes a -4 CHR penalty, yet the 'featureless face' mutation causes a -1 CHR penalty. Shouldn't the ''featureless' face have a greater CHR penalty than 'ridiculous squeak'. Sideways didn't much to say about this one.

EpicMan May 16, 2020 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 145463)
make -f Makefile.src is also broken

I'm guessing you copied over a whole bunch of stuff from frog like linux build files etc in this update and it broke everything

That is the case. I have updated the Makefiles in master.

EpicMan May 16, 2020 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145481)
About these from FCPB:
The 'ridiculous squeak' mutation causes a -4 CHR penalty, yet the 'featureless face' mutation causes a -1 CHR penalty. Shouldn't the ''featureless' face have a greater CHR penalty than 'ridiculous squeak'. Sideways didn't much to say about this one.

Yeah, that is strange. I changed featureless face to nervous tic as that seems less of a deal than a squeaky voice.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 18, 2020 07:10

More requests:
Make monster elemental breaths turn terrain into lava/ice. Realistically, this should be true for dragons that are mature or stronger. Same for various mid-game or later higher level monsters.

Subwindows / base delay / hit point warnings are accessible with 'W/w', 'D/d', and 'H/h'. What's the big deal? Here, you can use those options with the respective Uppercase and lowercase. It should be accessible only via the uppercase letters for consistency reasons. In the '~' menu, you can access those other listings only with the letter of the correct case. Why not have all menus be consistent with casing :)

EpicMan May 18, 2020 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145587)
More requests:
Make monster elemental breaths turn terrain into lava/ice. Realistically, this should be true for dragons that are mature or stronger. Same for various mid-game or later higher level monsters.

Subwindows / base delay / hit point warnings are accessible with 'W/w', 'D/d', and 'H/h'. What's the big deal? Here, you can use those options with the respective Uppercase and lowercase. It should be accessible only via the uppercase letters for consistency reasons. In the '~' menu, you can access those other listings only with the letter of the correct case. Why not have all menus be consistent with casing :)

ToME2 had elemental attacks that created lava / ice on the floor. Player spells also did so. It could lead to some item loss though. I like the idea though.

For the menus I agree consistency is good. I think the solution is to change the letter selection to lowercase in all three situations, there is no need to make them uppercase as there is in the knowledge menus.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 19, 2020 07:21

Another one:
The '<' command apparently has a (undocumented) dual function of entering and exiting the global wilderness map. Helpfiles make it sound like: the '<' command should only enter the global world wilderness map mode and the '>' command can exit the global world wilderness map.

EpicMan May 19, 2020 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145621)
Another one:
The '<' command apparently has a (undocumented) dual function of entering and exiting the global wilderness map. Helpfiles make it sound like: the '<' command should only enter the global world wilderness map mode and the '>' command can exit the global world wilderness map.

Odd. Can you think of any situation where it actually matters whether the user types '<' or '>'? I feel like having separate commands to take upstairs vs downstairs is just command bloat. The only place I can think of where it might matter is if you are in the wilderness standing on a dungeon entrance and want to go to the overworld map. That's a pretty specific circumstance.

I am inclined to make both '<' and '>' let the player take any staircase they are standing on, or if not on a staircase and on the surface go to the wilderness map. Removing one command might be too hard for existing players whose muscle memory will be to hit the matching key to take the stairs. Help documentation will focus on '>', with '<' listed as an alternate key.

EpicMan May 20, 2020 05:16

Added some of Hugo's requests in GitHub, I need to review my todo list and do some more testing before releasing another update. Imitators might actually work this time around.

-Destruction works in a much weaker fashion (monsters have 50% chance to survive, creates water per Nick's link instead of walls much of the time, rubble instead of granite is created.

-Messages about items you walk over and such will say "you feel a foo" instead of "you see a foo".

-Not Hugo's actual request, but the game will take either '>' or '<' interchangeably for all interactions. The only gameplay change is that if you are standing on a dungeon entrance you have to take a step before going to the overworld map. Both keys are left in (as opposed to consolidating on one key, although the help documents focus on '>' and refer to '<' as an alternate key for it) because we've all had too much training using '<' to go up, but new players won't have to deal with it.

Corpse weights are going to stay the way they are, it is enough of a pain to lug one back to the town as it is.

Should have a 0.3.4 release soon. It will be the last of the 0.3 series, next I plan to make some drastic changes to items/egos/artifacts.

EpicMan May 20, 2020 05:41

Oposband 0.3.4 release
 
Oposband 0.3.4 is released.

This includes mostly bugfixes from 0.3.3.

-Destruction now works on the surface, but is much weaker as there is no ceiling to collapse.
-Imitators now use HP to cast double revenge. They might actually be working now.
-The '<' and '>' commands work interchangeably for taking staircases or switching between normal and world maps. Help points new players to just use '>' and lists '<' as an alternate key for that command.
-Help now documents that showing quest info is 'Q' and quitting is Control+Q, and viewing old messages is 'P' in regular command set.
-Some messages refer to feeling things instead of seeing them if the player is blind.
-All files should refer to Oposband and not FrogComposband or Composband, unless it makes sense to.

Windows binary: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/...band.0.3.4.zip
Github: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/releases/tag/0.3.4

Gwarl May 20, 2020 09:50

okay this time we have

Quote:

Entering directory src
Generating dependencies...
make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'mspells3.c.dep'. Stop.
Failed to generate dependencies!
just changing the references to frogcomposband in the makefiles can't fix this we need the correct lists of source files in Makefile.src and such

EpicMan May 20, 2020 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 145639)
okay this time we have



just changing the references to frogcomposband in the makefiles can't fix this we need the correct lists of source files in Makefile.src and such

OK, I fixed the other missing file references but missed that one. Fixed in master. You can also just remove "mspells3.o blue_mage.o" from line 40 of Makefile.src

Gwarl May 20, 2020 18:00

The makefiles work now.

Quote:

Compiling rooms.c...
rooms.c:4497:12: error: static declaration of ‘generate_table_room’ follows non-static declaration
static int generate_table_room(int y1, int x1, int y2, int x2)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from angband.h:52:0,
from rooms.c:14:
rooms.h:232:12: note: previous declaration of ‘generate_table_room’ was here
extern int generate_table_room(int y1, int x1, int y2, int x2);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I could fix this myself if I put my mind to it and send you a pull request like a helpful person I am just not running on a surfeit of energy of late.

EpicMan May 20, 2020 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 145656)
The makefiles work now.

Sorry I could fix this myself if I put my mind to it and send you a pull request like a helpful person I am just not running on a surfeit of energy of late.

No problem. Fixed in master.

This didn't even register a warning in Visual Studio 2019 but it might just be masked by _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS or some other directive.

Gwarl May 20, 2020 18:35

Quote:

imitator.o: In function `imitator_get_class':
/home/angband/games/oposband/0.3.4/src/imitator.c:201: multiple definition of `imitator_get_class'
imitator.o:/home/angband/games/oposband/0.3.4/src/imitator.c:201: first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:23: recipe for target 'oposband' failed
We will get there in the end

EpicMan May 20, 2020 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 145659)
We will get there in the end

*Sigh* I added imitator.o twice in Makefile.src. Fixed in master.

Gwarl May 20, 2020 21:40

Success! Now on live. I'll announce a competition tomorrow.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 20, 2020 23:56

More requests from me:

How about this plot loadout (I apologize for the lack of better phrasing)?
- nuke towns if we fail to save them from scary horrors? Like an all-out Ragnorak end-game event?

I took this suggestion from ToME because a certain failed quest (in ToME) will destroy one of the towns, keeping-in-theme with LOTR lore. Which quest specifically? It's the Last Alliance quest in Minas Anor.

Also - since you're striving for big, interesting changes: How about adding more Viking Norse mythology folklore than it already has? Add dungeons of Asgard? Midgard? Scripted events?

EpicMan May 21, 2020 04:46

Ugh, Ster found a bug in the life rating calculation where instead of 87 + 0-30 (resulting in the same range found today, if a different distribution), it was 87 + (0-3+87), resulting in way too many HP.
I have updated this in master. I guess there will be a new 0.3.5 fixing this.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 21, 2020 05:09

This:
Wilderness encounters can be found embedded within wilderness mountains. Can completely block out monsters from generating or prevent players from accessing it because of mountain terrains. Known bug for a long time.

The chaos' patrons' 'Die Mortals gift doesn't cause confusion. Maybe it should?

Also:
The Oposband helpfiles need updating to reflect the options that have added or removed.

So:
When ster found that bug, were all character combo life ratings impacted?

EpicMan May 21, 2020 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145677)
Wilderness encounters can be found embedded within wilderness mountains. Can completely block out monsters from generating or prevent players from accessing it because of mountain terrains. Known bug for a long time.

Do you mean monsters can't reach player and player cannot return to the world map due to nearby monsters? I will look into how hard it will be to restrict mountain ambushes to flying monsters.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145677)
The chaos' patrons' 'Die Mortals gift doesn't cause confusion. Maybe it should?

It damages you, summons high-level monsters and invokes the TY Curse. I think it's bad enough as-is.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145677)
The Oposband helpfiles need updating to reflect the options that have added or removed.

Updated in 0.3.5
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 145677)
When ster found that bug, were all character combo life ratings impacted?

Any could have been and statistically most would have been, although of course *I* didn't get any ridiculous rolls in the test chars I had that were high enough level to get self-knowledge.
Basically instead of your life rating being forced to range from 87 to 117 it was generated between 87 and 87+117.
This is fixed in 0.3.5

HugoTheGreat2011 May 22, 2020 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpicMan (Post 145697)
Do you mean monsters can't reach player and player cannot return to the world map due to nearby monsters? I will look into how hard it will be to restrict mountain ambushes to flying monsters.

Kind of like that: Example would a be a Thieves Den or a Prison Cell wilderness encounter that got embedded in mountain terrtain. Because of the mountain terrain, certain non-flying monsters (e.g. Master rogue) would be trapped by the mountain terrain or not even generate as a result. The workaround, if return to world map doesn't work, is to teleport self to somewhere else and then go to world map, in that order.

TauzentBlitz May 22, 2020 15:16

Kind of a small nitpick, but any spell that would have capped at expert proficiency before (ex. mage's second realm) still has a '!' showing in the casting menu.

Roch May 27, 2020 03:04

There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.

Gwarl May 27, 2020 18:31

0.3.5 is up on live, I think we'll wait for a couple more bugfixes before we run a competition

wobbly May 27, 2020 19:33

So when are you adding Opossums?

EpicMan May 29, 2020 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roch (Post 145870)
There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.

Roch, what version are you playing? Also what race/class?

EpicMan May 29, 2020 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 145884)
So when are you adding Opossums?

That's a great question. I had not seen the connection before but now we have to have one. I am thinking they are a 'q' monster that mimics a random corpse until you move next to it.

Sideways May 31, 2020 19:20

A few quick bugs I'm noticing in the quest files:

- Thieves' Hideout specifies a thrusting sword for duelists; there is no such object type
- The Old Castle specifies a monster called "corrupted celestial", but no such monster exists (fallen angels having been renamed to "darkened archons" rather than "corrupted celestials")
- Clean the Wreckage specifies a devil ray priest, but no such monster exists (the new name for ixitxachitl priests is "devil ray shaman")
- The Treachery of Lord Bovin specifies a baron of hell; they are now called barons of chaos (?!)
- The Volcano specifies a fire angel; they are now called yellow dragons
- The Node of Chaos specifies a great hell wyrm; they are now called great brimstone wyrms
- Demon Slayer specifies a ninjato for ninjas and ninja-lawyers; there is no such object type (the old level-45 version of Demon Slayer also crashes, but I think there's no way to actually trigger that quest in Opos)

EpicMan June 2, 2020 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roch (Post 145870)
There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.

I haven't been able to replicate any problems with either quest in 0.3.5 so I am assuming this was from 0.3.4 or an earlier version.

EpicMan June 2, 2020 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideways (Post 145947)
A few quick bugs I'm noticing in the quest files:

- Thieves' Hideout specifies a thrusting sword for duelists; there is no such object type
- The Old Castle specifies a monster called "corrupted celestial", but no such monster exists (fallen angels having been renamed to "darkened archons" rather than "corrupted celestials")
- Clean the Wreckage specifies a devil ray priest, but no such monster exists (the new name for ixitxachitl priests is "devil ray shaman")
- The Treachery of Lord Bovin specifies a baron of hell; they are now called barons of chaos (?!)
- The Volcano specifies a fire angel; they are now called yellow dragons
- The Node of Chaos specifies a great hell wyrm; they are now called great brimstone wyrms
- Demon Slayer specifies a ninjato for ninjas and ninja-lawyers; there is no such object type (the old level-45 version of Demon Slayer also crashes, but I think there's no way to actually trigger that quest in Opos)

Fixed in master. I'll compile a 0.3.6 release once the bugs stop coming in quite so fast.

TauzentBlitz June 2, 2020 16:15

Monster races all seem to be unskilled capped in all weapons.

EpicMan June 4, 2020 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz (Post 145998)
Monster races all seem to be unskilled capped in all weapons.

Fixed. Function to set these was never getting called if you were a monster.

EpicMan June 4, 2020 04:35

Version 0.3.6 released.
Bugfix release
Various quest errors (Sideways & Roch)
monster proficiencies were not getting set (TauzentBlitz)

You can get the source or precompiled binary from here: https://github.com/EpicMan/Oposband/releases/tag/0.3.6

invisibletroll July 14, 2020 03:00

These issues affect Oposband too.

http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...1&postcount=13

archolewa August 8, 2020 04:40

Rage-mages don't seem to be capable of learning their spells. Tried playing a Lucky Barbarian Rage-Mage, and attempting to learn a technique from the starting book gets me "You cannot learn any new techniques!"


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.