Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RePosBand: play as a monster in Angbad 3.2 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=3986)

bulian January 28, 2011 18:10

Just found a new monster type - water wapor. Should be vapor

pampl January 28, 2011 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulian (Post 47692)
Just found a new monster type - water wapor. Should be vapor

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 47661)
Maybe pseudo occurring in the quiver was the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GF_ARROW (Post 47679)
I've also fixed a possible bug involving damage multiplier in the block of code in line #414 of attack.c

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 47688)
It could be as simple as putting a) barehanded attack in the equipment list (when no weapon is wielded). Then I)nspecting it could provide info.

Thanks for the bug finding/fixing/solution ideas, you guys :) Welcome to oook, GF_ARROW!
Quote:

Originally Posted by bulian (Post 47690)
I've run into a couple issues so far... the quiver issue has already been reported, but not for the throw command. You can throw items by pessing the correct letter but they do not show up when pressing 'v.'

Also, it would be great if the list of powers was automatically shown each time. Lastly, the 8x13 font does not display correctly using windows XP.

Yeah, I don't think the quiver shows up for any command..
Showing the list of powers each time should be an easy change.
Passing the buck here, but IIRC there are some problems with 8x13 font and Windows XP in Vanilla.. what kind of display problem is it, and have you seen it happen in V?

pampl January 28, 2011 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GF_ARROW (Post 47678)
There is a bug in line #490 of attack.c
Replace the ! with a ~ to allow half-damage of elemental attacks.

Actually, I'm kind of curious about this one.. did this
Code:

                                if (type != GF_ARROW)
                                {
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, (k + 1)/2, type, flg);
                                        /* Make the physical portion TOP SECRET -Simon */
                                        flg &= !(PROJECT_AWARE);
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, k/2, GF_ARROW, flg);
                                }
                                else
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, k, type, flg);

turn off all the flags before projecting?

camlost January 28, 2011 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampl (Post 47704)
Actually, I'm kind of curious about this one.. did this
Code:

                                if (type != GF_ARROW)
                                {
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, (k + 1)/2, type, flg);
                                        /* Make the physical portion TOP SECRET -Simon */
                                        flg &= !(PROJECT_AWARE);
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, k/2, GF_ARROW, flg);
                                }
                                else
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, k, type, flg);

turn off all the flags before projecting?

It looks to me like the code should be fine.

!(PROJECT_AWARE) should look something like 111111011111 so &=ing should only remove that one flag like the code seems to indicate it should. Presumably he only wants one bolt to appear even though it actually projects two separate bolts.

An alternate approach would be to split out the damage with a new type flag instead.

Nick January 28, 2011 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulian (Post 47692)
Just found a new monster type - water wapor. Should be vapor

IIRC the original Pos had these, spelt the same. Doesn't mean it was intentional ;)

molotov January 28, 2011 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulian (Post 47690)
Lastly, the 8x13 font does not display correctly using windows XP.

I get this problem too. Floor tiles show up as white rectangles, as do walls. This makes it very difficult to distinguish between the two, and makes adventures in the dungeon very tedious until the font is changed to something else (I do this every time I start a new install of RePos).

buzzkill January 30, 2011 19:31

RePos 6.3 playing with the comp lich.

The nether bolt is fairly useless because of it's high mana cost and everything seems to resist it.

A young red dragon resists it, should it? It doesn't show as resisting nether in the monster memory. As a matter of fact, I think that everything may resist both nether bolt and the death orb. I'm afraid to try it any more.

Pete Mack January 30, 2011 19:47

All evil monsters resist nether to some degree.

pampl January 30, 2011 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by camlost (Post 47705)
It looks to me like the code should be fine.

!(PROJECT_AWARE) should look something like 111111011111 so &=ing should only remove that one flag like the code seems to indicate it should. Presumably he only wants one bolt to appear even though it actually projects two separate bolts.

An alternate approach would be to split out the damage with a new type flag instead.

Doesn't the non-bitwise ! operator just evaluate 11etc as being true and return false?

Quote:

Originally Posted by molotov (Post 47707)
I get this problem too. Floor tiles show up as white rectangles, as do walls. This makes it very difficult to distinguish between the two, and makes adventures in the dungeon very tedious until the font is changed to something else (I do this every time I start a new install of RePos).

Alright, I'll check it out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 47847)
RePos 6.3 playing with the comp lich.

The nether bolt is fairly useless because of it's high mana cost and everything seems to resist it.

A young red dragon resists it, should it? It doesn't show as resisting nether in the monster memory. As a matter of fact, I think that everything may resist both nether bolt and the death orb. I'm afraid to try it any more.

I don't use it much either, so I've reduced the mana cost. It does (player level - 9)d8 so presumably at high levels it's a decent little attack, but at high levels it also doesn't matter much if it costs 7 mana or 3 mana. It looks like it's supposed to be the lich's main attack spell as well so it should be pretty good.

zaimoni January 31, 2011 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampl (Post 47704)
Actually, I'm kind of curious about this one.. did this
Code:

                                if (type != GF_ARROW)
                                {
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, (k + 1)/2, type, flg);
                                        /* Make the physical portion TOP SECRET -Simon */
                                        flg &= !(PROJECT_AWARE);
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, k/2, GF_ARROW, flg);
                                }
                                else
                                        project(-1, 0, y, x, k, type, flg);

turn off all the flags before projecting?

Yes. As already noted, problem is using logical-not ! rather than bitwise complement ~; it should read

Code:

flg &= ~(PROJECT_AWARE);


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.