Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RePosBand: play as a monster in Angbad 3.2 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=3986)

buzzkill February 11, 2011 03:38

What's the deal?

RePos 6.3 - competition lich character.

My SP seems to have maxed out at 337. INT is 18/197 and I can add more, but adding more doesn't increase my SP any. What's the deal?

pampl February 11, 2011 04:05

Looking at tables.c, INT/WIS stop adding mana at 18/180... that seems pretty low to me, but it's that way in the nightlies too so it's not a Repos change. Min fail rate maxes at 18/200 and fail rate adjustment (not important for monsters atm) maxes at 220, so there's still value in adding to it, but it does seem strange that it stops giving mana so low.

buzzkill February 11, 2011 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampl (Post 48439)
Looking at tables.c, INT/WIS stop adding mana at 18/180... that seems pretty low to me, but it's that way in the nightlies too so it's not a Repos change. Min fail rate maxes at 18/200 and fail rate adjustment (not important for monsters atm) maxes at 220, so there's still value in adding to it, but it does seem strange that it stops giving mana so low.

Thanks for the info. I've never had a caster that has been this successful before. I just assumed that every point of INT up to 18/*** added more SP.

pampl February 11, 2011 20:57

New version up. Just bugfixes and balancing though. Savefile compatible unless you're an Umber Hulk.. they lost their missile weapon slot. Innate elemental melee should now correctly do half physical damage, the quiver will now display, ice ogres have been made less weak. Other minor changes I think... need to start documenting my changes better. I was hoping to put this release off until 3.2.1 but now that the competition is (almost) over I might as well release it.

jevansau February 13, 2011 23:28

Hi,

I've tried the 0.6.4 version (using a savefile from 0.6.3) but I still can't see the contents of the quiver. Character is a lesser Balrog.

Regards,
Jonathan

GF_ARROW February 14, 2011 16:18

The K directive of Greater Basilisk seems bogus. Great variant! I'm enyoing playing a balrog right now.

pampl February 16, 2011 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jevansau (Post 48667)
Hi,

I've tried the 0.6.4 version (using a savefile from 0.6.3) but I still can't see the contents of the quiver. Character is a lesser Balrog.

Regards,
Jonathan

It should be displaying all the quiver. Can you attach your savefile?
Quote:

Originally Posted by GF_ARROW (Post 48684)
The K directive of Greater Basilisk seems bogus. Great variant! I'm enyoing playing a balrog right now.

Good catch, and thanks :)

RePosBand 0.6.5 is up, with basilisks no longer having a nonsensical king and passwall being changed so that monsters will still try to hit you with spells while you're in the wall. You can be hit, too, if you're standing on a wall but there aren't any walls between you and the monster. This should keep passwall viable for retreating without also rendering you invulnerable to breath weapons etc.

https://github.com/downloads/simongr...nd%200.6.5.rar

jevansau February 17, 2011 00:06

Hi,

No need to post the savefile I think - the quiver works perfectly with 0.6.5.

Thanks for your work on this - great variant.

Regards,
Jonathan

andrewdoull February 17, 2011 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adley (Post 46050)
Tunnel a square of granite once inside. Perfect resting place.

Disallow tunnelling unless there is an empty space next to you. Otherwise, where do you put the rubble?

Andrew

Derakon February 17, 2011 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewdoull (Post 48789)
Disallow tunnelling unless there is an empty space next to you. Otherwise, where do you put the [s]rubble[/s]spoil?

Clearly it just automatically gets squelched. Unfortunately a bug prevents spoil from getting listed in the squelch settings menu so you can't unsquelch it.