Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Next competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=1086)

PowerWyrm October 11, 2016 13:56

I just downloaded PosChengband 5.0.2 to give it a try... and a mighty half-giant berserker works too, probably easier to set up than the ToME counterpart.

debo October 11, 2016 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWyrm (Post 113529)
I just downloaded PosChengband 5.0.2 to give it a try... and a mighty half-giant berserker works too, probably easier to set up than the ToME counterpart.

This could be another good week-long competition :)

HugoVirtuoso December 6, 2016 02:19

Suggestion for Compo 198 - Athena parentage Demigod Armageddon/Sorcery Yellow-Mage? This tests the Gatling Mage to the max!!! ...which includes gatling rockets eventually!!

debo December 6, 2016 08:29

Next competition will probably be eddieband, and after that it will probably be silmas. Chris will probably release at least one more poschengband minor version before we get to it again :)

I'm in an internet dead zone atm so setting up the next competition may take a couple more days.

debo January 2, 2017 20:25

Competition #200 is upon us! I'm going to need a day or two before I can find some time to post it, so apologies for that.

If you have any ideas for what you'd like to see in this landmark comp, let me know -- I'm happy to have my ideas superceded.

bron January 3, 2017 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by debo (Post 117024)
ideas for what you'd like to see in this landmark comp

I think it should be a Vanilla comp, and something hard. Say, a no-artifacts iron-man. But to make it at least possible, use a powerful race/class combo: High Elf Mage, or Dunadan Ranger, or Dwarf Priest, or Half Troll Warrior.

HugoVirtuoso January 4, 2017 00:44

I'm inclined to say a PosChengband Tonberry Chaos-Warrior because that's the only variant + combo I play nowadays. ;)

HugoVirtuoso January 18, 2017 21:00

Now that we have PosChengband v5.0.5 with the new Skillmaster addition...how about a future compo with this new PCB Skillmaster class, shall we?

debo February 22, 2017 06:36

Sorry for the delay with the next comp -- I should have something up in the next couple days.

debo February 24, 2017 03:32

Thinking about doing an unangband comp for 203, using the new release. The release notes for the recent version are fairly short, so I'm assuming the maintainer is working themselves up to fixing the gazillion things that are broken in that variant :)

Can anyone suggest a race/class/game mode combo that they have personally experienced and had working for them on the new version? I don't have the time to do that much testing at the moment. The last un comp we did was some kind of trapmaster or something, only to discover that the core mechanic for the class was totally busted. I've been wary of running Un comps ever since.