Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Sil (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sil: What are your least liked features of Sil? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=6036)

tungtn June 11, 2013 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by fph (Post 81276)
(in this case, the contents of the two pages are identical anyway).

Yeah? Well now they aren't. :P

bron June 15, 2013 21:23

Here's a totally stupid complaint: Why is Glamdring better than Orcrist? They are always described as "twin" swords, or "mates" to each other, yet in the game Glamdring is basically a (+2) + Defender + Gondolin + Nargothrond Longsword, while Orcrist is the same, except without the Nargothrond part. Was this deliberate? And if so, why? Was Orcrist maybe supposed to have +Doriath ?

Maybe I'm just annoyed because I've found Orcrist a couple of times, but never Glamdring.

HugoTheGreat2011 June 19, 2013 17:51

My newest complaint:
Getting interrupted during Smithing, even with some monster as weak as an Orc scout. Come on, man!

IMO, there should be an OPTION (maybe as a challenge birth option) that lets you Smith until you actually get attacked, not just interrupted due to the mere appearance of a foe. While getting attacked or even killed while Smithing is crazy (or insane), I think this will make Smithing more entertaining.

HallucinationMushroom June 19, 2013 18:17

How can you smith with a mold watching you? IT IS WATCHING YOU. IT COULD MOVE AT ANY MINUTE. The perspiration builds. It's just too stressful to smith with THAT MOLD there. And, STOP SHOUTING ORC. I Can't focus with all that SHOUTING! Gah, I just hit my thumb! Dammit!

Smithing with distraction is like playing with 2 kids in the house. Good luck getting any quality turns in when they are in the same room.

HugoTheGreat2011 June 19, 2013 20:24

I see your point. half wanted to make the Smithing realistic. So, mere distractions are supposed to interrupt Smithing as in real-life. It would not be realistic, or even make sense, to get killed outright while Smithing, though who knows in real-life or canonically, I don't know.

taptap June 19, 2013 20:44

I don't mind being distracted by orc scouts - and I like to deal with them - the mold thing really hurts. (Low will, low strength char can have a real problem clearing them out - and often needs some rest in between. Hell I even died to a brown mold before - because I was too confused to leave his influence.)

Glamdring vs. Orcrist: Orcrist is 450 ft., Glamdring is 650/700 or so. And I often find perception more useful than will - unless I am entranced.

HallucinationMushroom June 19, 2013 21:10

Completely off topic, but why don't molds gradually get larger? I mean, worm masses move and divide. You could just have molds gradually take up adjacent squares. What a terrible idea. Never mind.

WildKhaine June 19, 2013 21:14

You can Smith when a mold is in the room, as long as it's not right next to the forge. It'll interrupt you but just resume and it'll finish it.

Starhawk June 20, 2013 04:37

Can you smith in the dark? A risky but possible solution to molds/scouts. Assuming you don't mind the chance of being sneaked up on by something more brutal.

HugoTheGreat2011 June 20, 2013 04:43

I think this can be tested by taking off the Light source and then try to make something in the presence of the Mold?