Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bugs and issues in 4.1.2 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8772)

Huqhox February 13, 2018 14:59

Certainly knowing all the runes should imply knowing all the flavors (and may well work already). But knowing all the flavors wouldn't necessarily mean knowing all the runes.

In the basic case having that cloak describes as 'of Elvenkind' adds flavor but doesn't in itself indicate what its properties are.

And for some egos like cloaks of Aman, they can get a random property so knowing that it's a cloak of Aman shouldn't mean that all the runes about it are known.

I think it's working as designed and expected. The only change that could happen I think is that knowing all flavors automatically identifies the 'fixed' runes for items when they are first seen

jevansau February 14, 2018 11:51

I actually find I quite like knowing flavours but not runes.

Huqhox February 14, 2018 13:12

It's quite thematic for more complex egos: "Hey that looks like one of the legendary weapons of Gondolin. Cool! No idea what all those runes mean but it must be pretty powerful" but not for "This looks to be a robe of resist fire. I wonder what that rune means?"

Personally I'd be happy to leave it as it is

DungeonCrawler February 25, 2018 22:20

The Find doors, traps, & stairs spell

The Find doors, traps, & stairs spell not exposing all doors or stairs.
when casting this spell all the hidden doors are shown in the spells AOE but not the ones that can bee seen normally

Huqhox February 26, 2018 10:19

That's as intended. The spell finds stairs, traps and secret doors, not normal doors

Nick March 5, 2018 21:29

New builds now up on the nightlies page with fixes to knowledge leakage bugs found by bron. Source zipfile here.

Nick March 7, 2018 12:05

Looks like this last build may have broken weapon and armor descriptions (to-hit, to-dam and to-ac not shown properly). Let me know if you notice it.

Nick March 8, 2018 12:11

Fix to the previous fix now on the nightlies page. Once the current comp is finished if there are no more bugs I'll release 4.1.3 fairly soon and hope that's it for 4.1.x.

*cue bugs*

bron March 11, 2018 03:14

Quote:

*cue bugs*
I observed a very minor thing, but unfortunately I don't have a savefile for it: My character is wearing a Crown of Serenity. He trips a rock fall trap, and is Stunned, despite having pStun.

Nick March 11, 2018 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bron (Post 128437)
I observed a very minor thing, but unfortunately I don't have a savefile for it: My character is wearing a Crown of Serenity. He trips a rock fall trap, and is Stunned, despite having pStun.

Not a bug, rather an evil feature. Blame Nomad for suggesting rock fall traps should stun, and takkaria for implementing it so they stun unresistably :)