Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAAngband (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=5832)

kaypy January 6, 2013 06:34

I've been playing the Git head recently, and noticed a few things:

In x-spell.c, around line 1040, the SPELL_RESISTANCE case is missing a break statement. So every resistance spell comes with a free essence of speed.

In flavor.txt, around line 834, a typo in the Crimson potion definition makes it appear white

There is something wacky going on with Adamantite- it acts more like an object than a treasure. (This is with no-selling, which might make a difference)

Oh, and I got a destroyed level where half of a demon pit was destroyed, which was a little odd. "Wow, someone just nuked half the room. I guess we ought to... just chill out right here until someone else comes by."

Is there anything is place to stop stacks of ego throwing weapons from doing terrible, terrible things to the game economy? (In my case, no-selling made the point moot, but its a problem I've seen in a few 'bands)

Qyx January 6, 2013 08:04

Suspect this is a bug (in 1.3.1)?

Was taking off equipment and went over the inventory limit (past 'w'). Additional items appear to have been squelched? They show up in the ctrl-p list as (with the ` character at the end):

You were wearing a Set of Leather Gloves [1,+6] (`).

Should they have been dropped or a warning given possibly instead?

Nick January 6, 2013 12:30

Thanks for all the bugs, guys - I am taking notice. Just slowly.

kaypy January 6, 2013 13:40

I was just digging through the spell code again and got a rather unpleasant surprise:

The descriptions of Channeling and Heighten Magic are incorrect. They should in fact read:
"This ability causes the spell info window to lie to you."

In do_cmd_cast, the spell is confirmed and then play-spell.c/spell_cast is called to handle the actual spell casting.

spell_cast calculates the bonuses and side effects of casting, then calls on x-spell.c/cast_spell to get the actual spell effects.

x-spell is completely oblivious to the bonuses calculated in spell_cast and goes back to using the unmodified player level...

get_spell_info, on the other hand, has its own set of bonus calculations, so it certainly gives the impression that those abilities are helping...

kaypy January 6, 2013 14:26

And another one:

In cave.c/multi_hued_attr you use randint1(BASIC_COLORS) a whole lot. Since randint1 has an inherent +1, this can fall off the end of the color chart resulting in a black on black display.

Nick January 6, 2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaypy (Post 76196)
And another one:

In cave.c/multi_hued_attr you use randint1(BASIC_COLORS) a whole lot. Since randint1 has an inherent +1, this can fall off the end of the color chart resulting in a black on black display.

Spoken like someone who could make a fork and submit a bugfix :D

Derakon January 6, 2013 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 76204)
Spoken like someone who could make a fork and submit a bugfix :D

Sounds like someone who would rather accept a pull request than manually make a one-character change to the codebase. ;)

Qyx January 7, 2013 00:41

Store pricing oddity...

Bought a staff of teleportation, two in store, ten charges each, avg price reported to be 4900s... but the one I bought was 3713, and the other one resolved to that price as well...

Qyx January 7, 2013 00:43

P.S. Appears to be affecting other staves in groups as well, but not wands ...

Qyx January 7, 2013 01:25

Another oddity, could be I'm doing something wrong here, not sure...

Anyway, sometimes when I walk over arrows I've shot, they get automatically picked up, and other times not. I thought it was based on whether I had that type in the quiver already (i.e. not picked up if I emptied that quiver slot), but sometimes I'm not automatically picking up even when I've got that type in the quiver, so that's not it...