Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Idle chatter (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   'Lord of the Rings' series (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9296)

tangar February 21, 2019 20:27

'Lord of the Rings' series
 
Amazon is going to make tv series. Not sure would they be able to be canonic, but at least they got plenty cash to make something 'visually beautiful'

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/f...mazon_illo.jpg
('a' is for 'a'mazon there, not 'a'ngband :cool:)

Interesting stuff started to appear in their twitter:
https://twitter.com/LOTRonPrime

they are posting maps:
https://www.amazon.com/adlp/lotronprime

First map without labels, second got it..

Any clues? What's coming? Lets speculate ;)

bio_hazard June 22, 2019 01:42

I just was reminded of this reading through a "15 fantasy franchises we're getting soon" list

Wonder if it will have a 3rd age narrator (Elrond or Galadriel) to tie in more directly to the LoTR stuff that people are more familiar with. The whole fall of Numenor and the betrayal of Sauron could work pretty well I guess. Goes without saying but I'd probably watch it even if it stinks, which hopefully it won't.

Nick June 22, 2019 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio_hazard (Post 138823)
Goes without saying but I'd probably watch it even if it stinks, which hopefully it won't.

My feeling exactly.

Gauss June 27, 2019 17:09

Amazon confirmed that the series will be based on first age. It will represent from the first rings crafted by the elves until the war of the last alliance. Fall of numenor will appear also IIRC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lFNPA-edCM

Nick June 27, 2019 23:33

Second Age ;) Video was quite a good sum-up of possibilities.

debo June 28, 2019 12:41

Darnit. I was hoping we were going to get Fingolfin vs Morgoth in HD. It makes more sense for them to start with something related to rings given the general audience, but :(

Nick June 28, 2019 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by debo (Post 138904)
Darnit. I was hoping we were going to get Fingolfin vs Morgoth in HD. It makes more sense for them to start with something related to rings given the general audience, but :(

They don't have the rights to The Silmarillion, I believe

Gauss June 28, 2019 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 138905)
They don't have the rights to The Silmarillion, I believe

True. Main reason why there aren't any official works about the silmarillion period(games, films, series etc...). The tolkien state are very protective regarding the silmarillion rights. Maybe someday we can get an skyrim style rpg based on beleriand.

Gwarl June 29, 2019 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gauss (Post 138918)
True. Main reason why there aren't any official works about the silmarillion period(games, films, series etc...). The tolkien state are very protective regarding the silmarillion rights. Maybe someday we can get an skyrim style rpg based on beleriand.

I think it's on it's way and it's called Beleriand...

Just a matter of improving the graphical interface.

bio_hazard October 22, 2019 23:55

I'd missed a few casting announcements. Welcome Benjen Stark!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.