Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Sil (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sil-Q 1.5 beta, first release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10071)

Quirk May 24, 2020 22:17

Sil-Q 1.5 beta, first release
 
Full details up at https://github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/r.../v1.5.0-beta1a, including a brief overview of changes; the most important is of course that this is the first official appearance of MicroChasm's new tileset.

Windows binaries are at https://github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/r....5.0-beta1.zip.

Please download it and try it out.

Zorbus May 24, 2020 22:21

The link asks to log into GitHub (I don't have an account).

Is it a compiled version?

Quirk May 25, 2020 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorbus (Post 145799)
The link asks to log into GitHub (I don't have an account).

Is it a compiled version?

Apologies, I pasted the wrong link! I've edited, please try again now.

HugoTheGreat2011 May 25, 2020 00:06

Oh snap. Though...Gwarl says we were supposed to have an Oposband compo first though

Bill Peterson May 29, 2020 20:43

How is the Windows version built? Mingw, MSVC? I'll assume makefiles since I don't see any VC project files or anything hinting at Cmake. I see some Apple Xcode files, are you building a Windows application on a Mac?

Quirk May 29, 2020 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Peterson (Post 145917)
How is the Windows version built? Mingw, MSVC? I'll assume makefiles since I don't see any VC project files or anything hinting at Cmake. I see some Apple Xcode files, are you building a Windows application on a Mac?

Mingw. The Mac support is dead, as I have no access to a Mac, but all traces haven't been removed in case one of the occasional Mac lovers who wishes Mac support wants to put some time in to restore it.

ussgordoncaptain May 30, 2020 00:34

Well now the plan on getting sub 2k turns before the next version won't happen. It was fun while it lasted though

Infinitum May 31, 2020 16:04

Played around a bit with the tiles, looks great overall! Especially like the wolves. Do like the extra earlygame monsters as well. Did find a few angband weapons as well. Neat, although that's a lot of extra XP for the ealry-midgame? Has anything been changed/removed to compensate?

Removing Danger/Smithing bonuses was the right call, didn't really notice any cost reductions to compensate though? Artifact shortbows can still be imbued with resistances which makes them effectively a third jewelry slot for melee characters.

Haven't played around with the new abilities yet. How do the Oaths work? Do they straight up forbid you from certain actions or are the bonuses forfeit if you do or what?

Quirk May 31, 2020 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinitum (Post 145946)
Played around a bit with the tiles, looks great overall! Especially like the wolves. Do like the extra earlygame monsters as well. Did find a few angband weapons as well. Neat, although that's a lot of extra XP for the ealry-midgame? Has anything been changed/removed to compensate?

Some of the more powerful egos are a good deal rarer now, and in particular the stat-boosting egos "Of Might" and "Of Resilience" are now mithril-only. Mid-game you may have more experience, but you're less likely to have that end-game-worthy stat point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinitum (Post 145946)
Removing Danger/Smithing bonuses was the right call, didn't really notice any cost reductions to compensate though? Artifact shortbows can still be imbued with resistances which makes them effectively a third jewelry slot for melee characters.

End-game smithing should be a little weaker, but early to mid-game should benefit from the guaranteed forges now being at 100, 300 and 500 and the greater variety of egos. I had the aid of some smiths very adept at breaking the game to test this in what was originally the 1.4.3-beta before tiles entered the picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinitum (Post 145946)
Haven't played around with the new abilities yet. How do the Oaths work? Do they straight up forbid you from certain actions or are the bonuses forfeit if you do or what?

The bonuses are forfeit if you do; however you will be warned when taking an action that will violate an active Oath and need to confirm you are willing to break the Oath before going through with it.

Infinitum June 7, 2020 18:58

Got a few games in with the new tiles. Stupid deaths midgameish so far, pretty rusty.

Scatha the Worm lacks a tile, making it invisible. Being under the effects of Rage also replaces enemy tiles with black boxes. The Whispering shadow blurb could perhaps use a editorial, the "sounds (voices?)" looks a bit rough.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.