Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

DavidMedley May 19, 2020 20:08

Game just keeps getting better all the time. Among a hundred things, the latest changes to the monster recall really clarify monster speed and melee damage. Keep up the good work Nick and everyone else!

Ingwe Ingweron May 20, 2020 19:18

Is there any reason for id by use of mushrooms to go wonky recently? @ just ate a "waxy mushroom", hallucinated wildly, felt drugged, resistant to fire, resistant to cold, and very good, and now sees some Mushrooms of Emergency in a stack on the floor. BUT, when inspecting the mushrooms in question, the only data given other than its name is, "It can be eaten." :confused:

Cuboideb May 20, 2020 19:39

I created a Necro and tried Miasma for the first time at clvl 10. My character got confused, hallucinated and the clvl dropped to 1. I think its a bit too much. At that stage the only attack spell is nether bolt, until disenchant at clvl 16.

Also, the anti-teleport curse is silent. It should display a message when reading ?phase.

Nick May 20, 2020 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 145657)
Is there any reason for id by use of mushrooms to go wonky recently? @ just ate a "waxy mushroom", hallucinated wildly, felt drugged, resistant to fire, resistant to cold, and very good, and now sees some Mushrooms of Emergency in a stack on the floor. BUT, when inspecting the mushrooms in question, the only data given other than its name is, "It can be eaten." :confused:

Hm, I'll have a look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuboideb (Post 145660)
I created a Necro and tried Miasma for the first time at clvl 10. My character got confused, hallucinated and the clvl dropped to 1. I think its a bit too much. At that stage the only attack spell is nether bolt, until disenchant at clvl 16.

Typically the character doesn't encounter chaos that early - that does seem a lot. It is a pretty effective killer, though, and I do like the idea compared to poison. Thoughts?

Quote:

Also, the anti-teleport curse is silent. It should display a message when reading ?phase.

Yes, it should, and I'm surprised it didn't. Will check.

Cuboideb May 21, 2020 00:05

The confusion and hallucination can be a trade-off. The experience drain is the biggest problem I think. It causes a massive drop in HP and SP.

I really like chaos for a necro, it's more thematic than inertia or force. Can we have some kind of soft-chaos ?

Nick May 21, 2020 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuboideb (Post 145671)
The confusion and hallucination can be a trade-off. The experience drain is the biggest problem I think. It causes a massive drop in HP and SP.

I really like chaos for a necro, it's more thematic than inertia or force. Can we have some kind of soft-chaos ?

So life-drain mostly works by having a fixed percentage (2%) drain, plus a bit more. For nether, that bit more is 200 XP; for chaos, it's currently 5000.

My plan is to do away with the bit more for chaos, but raise the drain percentage to 3%.

Nick May 21, 2020 08:18

Quote:

Tested, and all seems to be working. If unaware of the curse (or the no-teleport rune) the player gets the messages "You have learned the rune of teleportation ban. Your <item> prevents you teleporting. You have learned the rune of anti-teleportation curse. Teleportation forbidden!"; if aware, it's just "Teleportation forbidden!".

Sphara May 21, 2020 10:32

What´s with the Lantern of Shadows again? I thought it was custom made for necromancers.
I found one very early as a Dunadan Necromancer and it gave <+1> stealth and a big light radius, screwing my spells.

Played on angband.live (nightly).

fph May 21, 2020 11:50

Unfortunately lanterns still emit light. Would it make sense to have a command to empty lanterns (the opposite of F)? As a necromancer, I can see myself using certain empty ego lanterns just for the resistances and/or stealth bonuses, but I'd have to rest to drain them out.

Sphara May 21, 2020 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by fph (Post 145683)
Unfortunately lanterns still emit light. Would it make sense to have a command to empty lanterns (the opposite of F)? As a necromancer, I can see myself using certain empty ego lanterns just for the resistances and/or stealth bonuses, but I'd have to rest to drain them out.

Thanks fph!
I completely forgot I needed to empty it. Too bad I committed a suicide on that character who found the Lantern :D