Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Nick May 30, 2020 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMedley (Post 145921)
There's this new thing (I think) where you sort enemies by XP. What, then, is the default sort?

By monster depth.

spara May 30, 2020 09:31

Recharging wands/staves in a shop is a bit confusing and not very obvious. Is there a way of seeing which wands/staves will be recharged before giving them to the shop? The in-game help currently only hints that "Some wands and staves will also be recharged". Why not all btw?

Monkey Face May 30, 2020 15:16

Is it worth the shop's time and resources to recharge a wand such as heal monster, haste monster, or clone monster? I think the wands with negative attributes are the ones that don't get recharged.

Nick May 30, 2020 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145926)
Recharging wands/staves in a shop is a bit confusing and not very obvious. Is there a way of seeing which wands/staves will be recharged before giving them to the shop? The in-game help currently only hints that "Some wands and staves will also be recharged". Why not all btw?

It's the ones that the store sells. I guess the idea is that you're giving them some of their regular stock, so they know what to do with it, but these other weird devices they don't want to mess with, so they just sell them again as is.

spara May 30, 2020 16:03

I see. And it's still not that obvious. My beginning character tried to recharge a staff of cure light wounds. Nothing negative in that staff, but maybe the shop does not sell that kind of staves or something.

spara May 30, 2020 21:03

@ found the Cloak of "Colluin" and activated it and got 5 temporary resists activated and at the same time learned the runes for fire, cold, electricity and acid, since the cloak has the runes also. But not the poison rune even though the cloak has the resist poison rune.

Another thing. I have a vague memory that this has been brought up before, but anyway, I find it a bit glitchy that @ immediately recognizes the Ring of Teleportation as Ring of Teleportation even though the teleportation curse has not been learned yet.

DavidMedley May 30, 2020 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145922)
By monster depth.

I like this idea, and this new sort is somewhat useful. Distance from @ comes to mind as an option for monsters and treasure.

DavidMedley May 31, 2020 00:33

What if racial flags were grouped with status effects rather than equipment flags? This would (mostly) make these racial effects more impactful into the mid and late game, as racial resist light, dark, and poison would stack with the equipment you often obtain mid-game. Some things still can't stack, like sustains and prot_blind. And there are choices to make about whether some things like hold life or regen should stack. But I think it would make the racial choice more interesting and definitely more impactful.

This may not make the imminent 4.2.1, but what do you think?

Nick May 31, 2020 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145934)
@ found the Cloak of "Colluin" and activated it and got 5 temporary resists activated and at the same time learned the runes for fire, cold, electricity and acid, since the cloak has the runes also. But not the poison rune even though the cloak has the resist poison rune.

Looks like a bug, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145934)
Another thing. I have a vague memory that this has been brought up before, but anyway, I find it a bit glitchy that @ immediately recognizes the Ring of Teleportation as Ring of Teleportation even though the teleportation curse has not been learned yet.

Yes, agreed, but that's currently the least worst way to deal with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMedley (Post 145936)
What if racial flags were grouped with status effects rather than equipment flags? This would (mostly) make these racial effects more impactful into the mid and late game, as racial resist light, dark, and poison would stack with the equipment you often obtain mid-game. Some things still can't stack, like sustains and prot_blind. And there are choices to make about whether some things like hold life or regen should stack. But I think it would make the racial choice more interesting and definitely more impactful.

This may not make the imminent 4.2.1, but what do you think?

I think no. Racial resists are permanent, so should behave like other permanent resists (and racial RPois does stack with temporary RPois). So unless we're thinking of a big rethink of how resists work (and the same applies for things like regen stacking), I think it should stay as is.

Nick May 31, 2020 02:36

New builds are now up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source) with these changes:
  • Check of monster generation code to try and make sure dead uniques don't come back to life (#4245) - I think this is now fixed, probably because of something backwardsEric did a few weeks ago
  • Rework how targeting of Lightning Strike works - now requires monster target on a visited grid (#4245)
  • Light town correctly (most notably fixes part of #4232 for persistent levels)
  • No more artifact spoilers for persistent levels (the rest of #4232)
  • Updates to Shockbolt dark tiles to make doors and shops look right (thanks spara)
  • Fix to learning of RPois rune from temporary RPois (spara again)
  • Update of object info following the change to melee criticals (thanks David Medley)
  • New makefiles for compiling curses and SDL2 Windows versions (may still need some refinement - thanks Adriankhl)
  • Update to VC project file (thanks Kusunose)
  • Test to check that monster.txt is parsed correctly by the lore parser (Kusunose again)
This leaves no bugs remaining on current master (that's zero). I expect version 4.2.1 to be released some time in the next week.