Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any way to increase storage capacity of Home? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=11167)

pipMcDohl March 20, 2022 01:26

Any way to increase storage capacity of Home?

My heart broke every time i need to part with a unique item because i have no more place to store them.

collecting all the artifacts of the game is a good part of the fun. I would like a change, maybe a museum in Town where i can donate my artifacts instead of selling or dropping them. Of course the museum would keep the artifacts forever exposed to visitors (namely my character) no matter how long i dive into the dungeon.

ewert March 20, 2022 09:47

In lib/gamedata/constants.txt, go to the store part, and chuck in a zero to max store inven max.

I always play like that as well, I hate wasting time managing inventory in town.

It will bork the UI a little bit so you have to scroll instead of use hotkey shortcuts after enough items are there, but atleast you can store all the artifacts. ;)

pipMcDohl March 20, 2022 14:11

Thanks a lot :)

Egavactip March 25, 2022 20:28

I've seen people suggest the idea of a museum before, but they have usually been ignored.

Estie March 25, 2022 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egavactip (Post 158031)
I've seen people suggest the idea of a museum before, but they have usually been ignored.

You could bolster the suggestion with code for that museum. It already exists, in ToME 2 where it is called the "Mathom-House" (great name btw). So even if someone has only a little knowledge of coding, maybe some advanced copy-pasting would work ?

Julian March 26, 2022 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estie (Post 158033)
You could bolster the suggestion with code for that museum. It already exists, in ToME 2 where it is called the "Mathom-House" (great name btw). So even if someone has only a little knowledge of coding, maybe some advanced copy-pasting would work ?

I suspect the ToME code wouldn’t be that easy to port to a modern Angband. The store code in general has changed quite a bit since then.

But you wouldn't need to. Anyone wanting to implement a museum should start by implementing a second home. Then you just need to remove the ability to take things out again. (And a few other things.)

fph March 26, 2022 07:03

In a sense, an "artifacts" tab in the knowledge menu could fit the bill? I don't have a version of the game around right now to check if there already exists one.

Estie March 26, 2022 16:14

Not really; its more of a "look what I found" place for things that are interesting for a variety of possible reasons, but not useful to @ (anymore).

For example, the warrior finds the highest mage book on level 20 ? Chuck it in there, and in any future dumps it will be displayed with entry of the dlvl it was found on.

Pete Mack March 27, 2022 23:26

It is worth noting that the original fail rate when skill was less than device difficulty* was punitive beyond belief:
Code:

let dd = MIN(device level, 50)
    if skill <= dd Pact = 1/(3+ dd - skill)
    else ???

I do not recall the behavior when skill was greater than difficulty, but it became asymptotic with unity pretty quickly. But activation probability below that level could easily be as low as 1:30 for a HT warrior, and was regularly less than 1:10.

* which (obviously from the code) maxed out at DL 50

Estie March 28, 2022 18:12

Wrong thread @Pete ?