Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [FA] 2 simple questions (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=988)

Zikke September 23, 2008 18:38

[FA] 2 simple questions

How do I take a HTML screenshot so it's compatible with posting here?

Also, is it possible to create a term window that lists all monsters that I can see, like I've seen in some screenshots? I never found out how to do that.

Thanks!

Seany C September 23, 2008 19:15

Hmm, don't know about screenshots, I'm afraid (but Nick or Si will know, I'm sure).

As for the monster list, first open a new window within the app (from the 'Window' menu), then go to Options(=) -> Sub-window Options (5) and then select "Display monster list" for your new window...

Nick September 23, 2008 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zikke (Post 10457)
How do I take a HTML screenshot so it's compatible with posting here?

')', then 'h' for html (not the option for (f)orum embedded html - I don't actually know what it's supposed to do, and it doesn't seem to work).

This will get just the main window. If you want to get your whole setup, you need to take a screenshot. This will not give you html, so you can't upload it to the screenshots section, but you can put it in a forum post, for example, or print it out and stick it on your wall.

Zikke September 23, 2008 23:17

Sweet thanks!

Aw there's no object list option for these term windows... that would be too convenient ;)

Big Al September 24, 2008 02:10

We were talking about adding an object list option (on the dev mailing list) just yesterday in fact. There're still a few bugs to work out, but Erik Osheim is working on a patch to fix this. I've been playtesting with the patch over the past couple days and it -is- rather convenient. It will most likely be in the next release.

EDIT: also, if you don't want a to take up a full subwindow for displaying the monsters you can see, you can jut press '[' to bring up the list in the main window.

Nick September 24, 2008 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 10470)
We were talking about adding an object list option (on the dev mailing list) just yesterday in fact. There're still a few bugs to work out, but Erik Osheim is working on a patch to fix this. I've been playtesting with the patch over the past couple days and it -is- rather convenient. It will most likely be in the next release.

Yes, I've noted this, and am intending to grab ot for FA (once you guys have ironed out the bugs :)).

buzzkill September 24, 2008 02:43

Has anyone ever given any thought to introducing an in game message when an enemy appears off-screen. Something like 'You spot a Novice Mage to the north'. For those of us who play with 'big tile mode', this would be a big help. I can't count the number of times when my first indication of an off-screen enemy is when I get hit by an arrow or a spell. It's probably been the death of me more than once.

Nick September 25, 2008 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 10472)
Has anyone ever given any thought to introducing an in game message when an enemy appears off-screen. Something like 'You spot a Novice Mage to the north'. For those of us who play with 'big tile mode', this would be a big help. I can't count the number of times when my first indication of an off-screen enemy is when I get hit by an arrow or a spell. It's probably been the death of me more than once.

This is an interesting thought; the danger would be that it would just become another unread message. Would it help much more than the visible monster window?

Atarlost September 25, 2008 02:50

If the visible monster window highlites new appearences then no. That would probably be the best solution for anyone not playing on a mobile. For small screen users a message would be needed because there's no room for other windows.

Zikke September 25, 2008 16:35

Maybe there should be a setting for mobile devices, that would enable features such as this and other items that may be applicable to very small screens.