Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Teleport Into Vault Bug in 3.5.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=6590)

Monkey Face February 16, 2014 02:37

Teleport Into Vault Bug in 3.5.0
 
1 Attachment(s)
I used a teleport other prayer on Kavlax and then a few turns later I cast a detection prayer while next to an unopened vault and Kavlax was now inside the vault.

I've attached a character dump.

fizzix February 16, 2014 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey Face (Post 89820)
I used a teleport other prayer on Kavlax and then a few turns later I cast a detection prayer while next to an unopened vault and Kavlax was now inside the vault.

I've attached a character dump.

I'm not sure if this is WAD or not. The important thing is that a player can't teleport into a vault.

dos350 February 16, 2014 10:07

can u tele into nest? i thut u couldnt but now can? or always could?? i got rekt~

Nick February 16, 2014 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos350 (Post 89822)
can u tele into nest? i thut u couldnt but now can? or always could?? i got rekt~

Always could - it's only (lesser, medium or greater) vaults that can't be teleported into.

BTW I assume this version will be your favourite now, given the number :)

dos350 February 16, 2014 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 89823)
Always could - it's only (lesser, medium or greater) vaults that can't be teleported into.

BTW I assume this version will be your favourite now, given the number :)

gfg version ty all,

but imo for best ever

u need:
make identify always in shop,
make mushroom of vigor always in shop
make treasure detect like it used2b

gg!

PowerWyrm February 16, 2014 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos350 (Post 89822)
can u tele into nest? i thut u couldnt but now can? or always could?? i got rekt~

Sure you can, and that killed one of my level 50 chars recently. Recalled next to a graveyard with one monster moving outside of the pit, teleported away, cleared a bit of the level until a dracolisk breathed nexus (no resistance) which teleported me... right to the only empty spot inside the graveyard. The result after the endless -more- prompt was really ugly (somewhere along the -2000 hp mark).

PowerWyrm February 16, 2014 12:03

That's why for my variant, I have added a cave_notele flag to the set of cave flags and tagged all pit floors with it: no tele from or to pits. This changes the gameplay a lot (considering that I also turned pit walls into permanent walls), but fixes a lot of issues.

quarague February 18, 2014 07:32

on a related note, I always thought that phase door works the same as tele with respect to vaults, ie it always catapults you outside the vault. However, (in 3.5) this is not the case, phase door works as usual, the vault does not seem to influence it at all. Working as intended?

Derakon February 18, 2014 15:59

There should be no difference. Are you sure you were dealing with a vault? There's a number of new rooms in 3.5 that look an awful lot like vaults but are actually just templated rooms.

fizzix February 18, 2014 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 89856)
There should be no difference. Are you sure you were dealing with a vault? There's a number of new rooms in 3.5 that look an awful lot like vaults but are actually just templated rooms.

This is my guess as to what is going on. AFAIK, only vaults have permanent walls, so if you see those, you know it's a vault. If you don't see those, it may or may not be a vault.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.