Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   AAR (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Indiana Jones (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=4891)

UglySquirrell September 16, 2011 00:29

Indiana Jones

After reading about Hallucinatiomushroom's inspiring Ditchdigger game, I've decided to try a human rogue, no spells game weilding a non ego whip. Going to allow throwing flasks of oil but no other types of damage causing items e.g. wands rods, ill use weapons and bows in town to I'd the damage bonus for selling. Wish me luck, I think ill need it. :D

Indy

Indy 101

Malak Darkhunter September 16, 2011 02:00

I hope you will be playing to some Indiana Jones music in the background.:p

UglySquirrell September 16, 2011 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter (Post 60032)
I hope you will be playing to some Indiana Jones music in the background.:p

Lol, i will be now.

HallucinationMushroom September 16, 2011 14:43

I salute your insanity! Odd challenges are fun. Yours is definitely much harder than a shovel wieldin' troll. My only advice is to hoard all your major healing. After what's likely going to be a long grind-a-thon, you don't want to burn out at the very end like I did.

PowerDiver September 16, 2011 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by UglySquirrell (Post 60030)
ill use weapons and bows in town to I'd the damage bonus for selling. Wish me luck, I think ill need it. :D

If you are going to attempt something crazy, I think you should be pure about your rules. You will feel prouder if you can describe your exploits without having to mention exceptions. You can avoid being tempted to test weapons by playing with the no_selling option.

UglySquirrell September 16, 2011 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallucinationMushroom (Post 60044)
I salute your insanity! Odd challenges are fun. Yours is definitely much harder than a shovel wieldin' troll. My only advice is to hoard all your major healing. After what's likely going to be a long grind-a-thon, you don't want to burn out at the very end like I did.

Thanks for the salute, I'm finding the early game really easy so far, enchant weapon scrolls are too cheap and in the stores quite a bit. Can get a +2 damage whip before entering the dungeon the first time. Had a few stupid avoidable deaths, Nar, and 4 headed Hydra. But its fun. Really looking forward to seeing how much damage I can get to.

UglySquirrell September 16, 2011 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerDiver (Post 60051)
If you are going to attempt something crazy, I think you should be pure about your rules. You will feel prouder if you can describe your exploits without having to mention exceptions. You can avoid being tempted to test weapons by playing with the no_selling option.

Okay no selling is now part of the game, should make it a lot faster not having to collect gear.

UglySquirrell September 16, 2011 21:30

Never played with no selling before, I like this option a lot. Speeds up the game. Was just thinking that if Steamband has whips, a pistol and whip wielding adventurer would be a lot of fun.

Djabanete September 17, 2011 11:14

FYI, Chris's Hengband fork, Chengband, has a class called the Archaeologist that's partly based on Indiana Jones and gets special moves while wielding a whip :)

UglySquirrell September 17, 2011 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djabanete (Post 60094)
FYI, Chris's Hengband fork, Chengband, has a class called the Archaeologist that's partly based on Indiana Jones and gets special moves while wielding a whip :)

Sounds cool, ill have to check it out. Hengband is my favorite variant, love the diversity of the classes, and abilities. Really enjoyed the Beastmaster class, gotta love having a great wyrm of law, or a steel dragon as a mount. Chaos-warriors and Ninjas were lots of fun too. I wasn't aware there were versions other than Entroband, thanks for the info :)