Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Variants (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FAangband 2.0.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=10887)

swim August 26, 2021 13:47

I’ll try another playthrough today and see if I can avoid the crash by making sure I don’t set home in a place without a home building.

Nick August 26, 2021 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by swim (Post 154974)
I’ll try another playthrough today and see if I can avoid the crash by making sure I don’t set home in a place without a home building.

You can only set a home where there is no home building.

The way it works is at the start there is only a home building in your starting town. You can move it (with all your possessions) by using the move house command at a different town.

swim August 26, 2021 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 154976)
You can only set a home where there is no home building.

The way it works is at the start there is only a home building in your starting town. You can move it (with all your possessions) by using the move house command at a different town.

Ohhh I see. Damn ok =p

I created the problem twice in a row by using a Green-Elf Ranger and heading straight to Taur-Im-Duinath and setting home there, heading North and attempting to recall. If that specific scenario triggers it for you as well perhaps that may be a clue.

tg122 August 26, 2021 19:47

Here is a bit more info that may be helpful. I just noticed that the issue is NOT specific to word of recall. The crash happens any time I enter a town after I move my home there. If I move my home to a town, then walk out of the town, then try to walk back in it crashes too.

Cuboideb August 26, 2021 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tg122 (Post 154979)
Here is a bit more info that may be helpful. I just noticed that the issue is NOT specific to word of recall. The crash happens any time I enter a town after I move my home there. If I move my home to a town, then walk out of the town, then try to walk back in it crashes too.

Do you use a tile multiplier bigger than 1x1 ? I uploaded a new version that improves the map view in FA (I forgot to copy that from the android version of V, sorry).

tg122 August 26, 2021 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuboideb (Post 154980)
Do you use a tile multiplier bigger than 1x1 ? I uploaded a new version that improves the map view in FA (I forgot to copy that from the android version of V, sorry).

No, I'm using asci 1x1. I tried messing around with a bunch of my settings in the game and on my phone but haven't figured anything else out yet.

Pete Mack August 26, 2021 21:39

1x1 is the only feasible choice, though it's hard to read. Wiyh 200' range attacks, anything less is too dangerous

Nick August 26, 2021 22:33

I am still not able to reproduce this crash, including with provided savefiles. It's very annoying.

Cuboideb August 27, 2021 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 154985)
I am still not able to reproduce this crash, including with provided savefiles. It's very annoying.

I feel the same.

I'm looking at every ocurrence of memset (I have the feeling that a large portion of the memory is wiped in some place). This line seems strange in ui-term.c (2626):

/* Assume no key */
memset(ch, 0, sizeof *ch);

It's valid ?

tg122 August 27, 2021 00:16

I once had an issue with the Angband Android app because of a storage permission issue. I had to move the directory out of the Android/data folder to fix it. Could this be somehow related to the scoped storage system with Android 11?

Edit: that was with an old phone. Currently the game is installed to Android/data.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.