Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Sphara May 25, 2020 16:35

Fatal crash on angband.live.

Happened on some new no-teleport level. I shot Nexus Q (it never saw me with 100% certainty) with Bard bow from hockey stick range, game crashed and the save file does not open anymore.

The one game I finally find Ringil..

Nick May 25, 2020 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 145828)
Fatal crash on angband.live.

Happened on some new no-teleport level. I shot Nexus Q (it never saw me with 100% certainty) with Bard bow from hockey stick range, game crashed and the save file does not open anymore.

The one game I finally find Ringil..

If you get me the savefile, I can probably fix it.

I'm going to have to disable those levels again, I think, and wait until I'm sure they're fixed.

Sphara May 25, 2020 22:21

@Nick

I have no idea how to get a savefile from angband.live. Attempting to start the game just throws me back to the main page.

Nick May 25, 2020 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphara (Post 145837)
@Nick

I have no idea how to get a savefile from angband.live. Attempting to start the game just throws me back to the main page.

I vaguely thought there was a way to, but I'm probably wrong. I've asked the question on the angband.live forum.

Nick May 25, 2020 23:36

New builds now up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source is here) include the following changes since the last list:
  • Fix (I believe) a bug causing crashes in monster lore
  • Add a feature to sort the monster list by experience gained (thanks Cuboideb)
  • Make the alter command close doors and disarm or open chests (Cuboideb again)
  • Deactivate special levels again, because they still have problems
I'm trying to fix the special levels at the moment, and still waiting for more opinions before finalising the Shockbolt Light/Dark graphics settings.

Ingwe Ingweron May 26, 2020 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145839)
I vaguely thought there was a way to, but I'm probably wrong. I've asked the question on the angband.live forum.

Occasionally, I've asked Gwarl to deliver crashed angband.live savefiles to Nick to help him troubleshoot bugs.

Nick May 27, 2020 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145783)
One more issue on tiles. Both Shockbolt and Gervais render the passable rubble with black background instead of floor tile. I vaguely remember some discussion on this at the time passable rubble was introduces and even more vaguely some reasoning for it, but can't really remember the verdict.

IIRC the answer was rubble would be better implemented as an obstruction (like webs) rather than a terrain feature (like walls), and that would also fix the tile issue (because it would appear superimposed over a floor tile). Because of maintaining savefile compatibility in the 4.2.x series, though, that should wait for 4.3.

Bogatyr May 27, 2020 07:32

Is the priest smite evil prayer supposed to apply to shooting ammo? The "info" screen when the prayer is active shows the boost to vs. evil damage for ammo, but shooting it does not give the stated "info" damage vs. evil.

Nick May 27, 2020 07:39

New builds up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source) with these changes:
  • PASS_WALL monster behaviour near permanent walls is less dumb (thanks mrfy)
  • Critical hits now depend on melee skill instead of player level (suggested by David Medley)
  • Two versions of Shockbolt tiles now available, dark and light (thanks Sky and others)
  • Special levels re-activated - I'm pretty confident they're bug-free now, please report bugs and opinions

spara May 27, 2020 21:19

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145876)
[*]Two versions of Shockbolt tiles now available, dark and light (thanks Sky and others)[/LIST]

Nice. You'll most probably also want to change doors to match the dark walls.
Code:

# closed door
feat:closed door:*:0x9A:0xCE

# open door
feat:open door:*:0x9A:0xCF

# broken door
feat:broken door:*:0x9A:0xD0

The change looks like this:

Attachment 1837 -> Attachment 1838

Also the town doors don't match the buildings, but there's not much to be done there. Unless the town buildings could be mapped to use special tiles. In this case the wall tile from the light version could be used or if you switch the town doors to the new gray versions, then the wall tile from there could be used. Might work better in the dark theme.