Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

Pete Mack November 11, 2019 00:20

Whip of Gothmog is *made out of fire*. So yeah, it has light. Cettainly blessed weapons should not be vulnerable to removal of light, and indeed should up the fail rate even more.

Derakon November 11, 2019 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 141144)
Whip of Gothmog is *made out of fire*. So yeah, it has light. Cettainly blessed weapons should not be vulnerable to removal of light, and indeed should up the fail rate even more.

Gothmog is a creature of fire and shadow; what does that look like? I can definitely see an argument for his whip making things darker.

Nick November 11, 2019 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 141143)
But I note that you carefully didn't render an opinion on giving Necromancers the ability to corrupt the items they find, stripping that cursed light from them. ;)

Ah, you noticed that.

I'm reluctant to do that. Messing with item properties (aside from curses) is something that was taken out when the old Curse Armor and Curse Weapon scrolls were removed, and it doesn't feel quite right to me.

Maybe giving necromancers -1 to the light bonus on any object would be a possibility?

Nick November 11, 2019 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfy (Post 141137)
Looks better on Catalina. Turned sound on and saved and it worked. :)

Wait, so you're saying sound worked as well as the lore file saving properly? I must be even more awesome than I thought.

mrfy November 11, 2019 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 141147)
Wait, so you're saying sound worked as well as the lore file saving properly? I must be even more awesome than I thought.

I thought so, but it's still crashing on quit. Spinning cursor and then I get the Angband quit unexpectedly message. And now when I start again, open my save file, save, get the failure trying to create window.prf.new and lore.txt.new

Starting a new character though, I was able to turn randarts on and that part seems to be working. I'm playing with full monster memory, so it shouldn't need to write to lore.txt much? Turning sound on seems to trigger the bug.

Adam November 11, 2019 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfy (Post 141154)
I'm playing with full monster memory, so it shouldn't need to write to lore.txt much? Turning sound on seems to trigger the bug.

I would expect lore.txt being updated with the kill counts on each save.

wobbly November 11, 2019 11:30

I've suggested elsewhere that Morgul weapons should be usable for necromancers which doesn't solve the light issue but may give them some alternatives.

mrfy November 11, 2019 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 141159)
I would expect lore.txt being updated with the kill counts on each save.

Curiously, that doesn't trigger the bug.

Ingwe Ingweron November 11, 2019 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 141136)
[*]Ent draughts now nourish the player up to 60% like honey cakes

May I suggest that Ent draughts make @ just a wee bit taller. But not referenced in the description. Just a little Easter Egg for those who notice the change on their character information screens. :D

DavidMedley November 13, 2019 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe ingweron (Post 141163)
may i suggest that ent draughts make @ just a wee bit taller. But not referenced in the description. Just a little easter egg for those who notice the change on their character information screens. :d

I love it! :-D