Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   First rogue past level 10 I think (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9027)

Petoften August 8, 2018 14:55

Bad. Khim, son of Mim, and he disenchanted two artifacts including my weapon with telepathy, and all he dropped was a normal plate armor.

Mondkalb August 8, 2018 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petoften (Post 132571)
I killed one of the uniques, Ulfang the black, but it took my healing potion and both my mushrooms of emergency and a few CCW and speed.

He just dropped boots of radagast.

No use - 1 wis/3 stealth/5 infravision.

The 3 stealth is great for a rogue ...



Quote:

Originally Posted by Petoften (Post 132575)
Bad. Khim, son of Mim, and he disenchanted two artifacts including my weapon with telepathy, and all he dropped was a normal plate armor.

I told you before, don't melee disenchanters.

Pete Mack August 8, 2018 15:19

More generally: dont clear levels as a rogue. Go deep, and pick off the occasional dragon or demon for EXP. Get loot from vaults and the floor. Hold off on uniques til you can kill them easily.

If you want to clear levels, play warrior or paladin.

Petoften August 8, 2018 15:25

Not liking this level - 'terribly dangerous' with 'excellent treasures' but they're next to things like a vampire lord and lich that casts for 180.

Petoften August 8, 2018 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondkalb (Post 132576)
The 3 stealth is great for a rogue ...

I told you before, don't melee disenchanters.

You were right, I made a mistake on the boots, they're lost now.

Can an artifact like that drop again?

I'm guessing not.

I forgot about disenchanting and didn't check the report.

Petoften August 8, 2018 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 132577)
More generally: dont clear levels as a rogue. Go deep, and pick off the occasional dragon or demon for EXP. Get loot from vaults and the floor. Hold off on uniques til you can kill them easily.

If you want to clear levels, play warrior or paladin.

Ya, I've been leaving some levels that look too hard - I left one recently because it had a 5 headed hydra I didn't like.

fph August 8, 2018 15:34

Ulfang and Ulfast (or whatever they are called) always come together. Nothing strange in it.

Also, the order of the bonuses is (accuracy, damage). You were told (or remembered) wrong.

Petoften August 8, 2018 15:34

There's a new one - emperor wight. Steering clear.

Two more uniques, Sangayahando and Angamaite, but running out of arrows.

Petoften August 8, 2018 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petoften (Post 132579)
You were right, I made a mistake on the boots, they're lost now.

Oops! They were in my bag _ have them, wearing them now. Lost PNexus.

Petoften August 8, 2018 15:49

Why is a damage ring showing no more damage from arrows? Is that only melee?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.