Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Next competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=1086)

Gwarl May 25, 2017 19:16

I think I should be able to work with that - except ToME is failing to compile at all for me. I got the recommended libs, using Ubuntu.

AnonymousHero May 25, 2017 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 121170)
I think I should be able to work with that - except ToME is failing to compile at all for me. I got the recommended libs, using Ubuntu.

Let's not clog up this thread. Feel free to post a new thread in Variants, or even better create an issue on GitHub (assuming you have an account) with the detailed error message (etc.). Note also that you may actually be experiencing issue #10 which is non-trivial to fix -- hence not fixed :/ .

Gwarl June 5, 2017 17:42

The reason I brought it up here was because I'm hoping to be able to offer recorded tournament play on the server by the time of the next competition. Which means being able to support the variant we use.

It does look like issue #10.

debo June 11, 2017 03:51

Next comp will be poscheng quickband, pick whatever you want. Should be a 2 week comp.

Gwarl: how's the web client going? If it's comp-ready we can do after this next one.

I tried screwing with tome2 a bit more and gave up, I don't have time to be fiddling with typedefs and weird word size bugs. If someone wants to donate a savefile, I'll happily post one, but I'm not going to be making one.

HugoVirtuoso June 11, 2017 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by debo (Post 121625)
Next comp will be poscheng quickband, pick whatever you want. Should be a 2 week comp.

Gwarl: how's the web client going? If it's comp-ready we can do after this next one.

I tried screwing with tome2 a bit more and gave up, I don't have time to be fiddling with typedefs and weird word size bugs. If someone wants to donate a savefile, I'll happily post one, but I'm not going to be making one.

Are you saying you want us to decide the compo combo before it starts? Or this upcoming compo allows us to pick any combination we want??

debo June 11, 2017 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 (Post 121626)
Are you saying you want us to decide the compo combo before it starts? Or this upcoming compo allows us to pick any combination we want??

The latter :)

MITZE June 11, 2017 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by debo (Post 121627)
the latter :)

Gee I wonder what Hugo is going to play if he joins!

Gwarl June 11, 2017 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by debo (Post 121625)

It's improving, I'm willing to say I'll have it ready by the time this 2 week competition is over.

In the case of this competition it's possible now - my entry into this comp will be played online.

If you want to use a particular variant for the next one I'll see what I can do about supporting it. Currently the choices are Vanilla, Poschengband, FAAngband and before long Sil.

If 4.1 gets a release before the end of this competition I'd suggest we pick that - this time a low str race red book class.

debo June 11, 2017 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 121633)
It's improving, I'm willing to say I'll have it ready by the time this 2 week competition is over.

In the case of this competition it's possible now - my entry into this comp will be played online.

If you want to use a particular variant for the next one I'll see what I can do about supporting it. Currently the choices are Vanilla, Poschengband, FAAngband and before long Sil.

If 4.1 gets a release before the end of this competition I'd suggest we pick that - this time a low str race red book class.

Very cool! It'd be cool to suggest people try optionally playing on it if they want for this comp if that's possible -- I didn't realize poscheng was already set up. Is there an easy way to get chardumps from the game server to an oook competition ladder?

Gwarl June 11, 2017 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by debo (Post 121643)
Very cool! It'd be cool to suggest people try optionally playing on it if they want for this comp if that's possible -- I didn't realize poscheng was already set up. Is there an easy way to get chardumps from the game server to an oook competition ladder?

Char dumps are accessible by URL but there are no instructions so:

If you're logged in as Bilbo and you call your char dump Hobbit.txt your dump would be at

/user/Bilbo/poschengband/Hobbit.txt

Assuming you were playing poschengband.

Providing a list of links to the contents of the user folders is on the agenda. I would also like to add a button to post directly to the ladder but I don't know that all works just yet.