Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   AAR (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   memorable randarts (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=3486)

scud May 1, 2013 01:36

Didn't find it, but this was in my last completed game...

Code:

the Green Dragon Scale Mail 'Cirrahadh' (-2) [20,+39] <+4>
----------------------------------------------------------
 +4 strength, wisdom, dexterity, constitution, charisma.
 +20% to searching.
 It causes your melee attacks to *slay* dragons.
 It brands your melee attacks with weak frost.
 Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, cold, poison, light, nexus,
 nether.
 Provides protection from fear, blindness.
 Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
 Sustains wisdom, charisma.
 Prevents paralysis.  Sustains your life force.  Grants the ability to see
 invisible things. 
 
 When aimed, it allows you to breathe sound for 130 damage.
 Takes 155 to 209 turns to recharge.
 
Min Level 100, Max Level 127, Generation chance 1, Power 777, 11.3 lbs
Based on Bladeturner.

Now *that* is what a 'Bladeturner' should look like, although I'd say the Bladeturner-derived armour in post #202 is better because of the pBlnd/pConf/pStun triple whammy.

MattB May 14, 2013 14:44

1 Attachment(s)
The great thing about randarts is that for every incredible Main Gauche you find (see below), you get one of the attached...
(What a handy activation! Where on earth did it come from?)
------------------------------------

the Main Gauche of Andir (7d5) (+15,+15) <+1>
Dropped by a Greater Maia at 2500 feet (level 50).

+1 charisma.
Slays evil creatures.
*Slays* dragons.
Provides resistance to lightning, fire.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.

Combat info:
5.5 blows/round.
With +0 STR and +2 DEX you would get 5.8 blows
Average damage/round: 507.8 vs. evil creatures, 878.5 vs. dragons,
and 384 vs. others.
----------------------------------

MattB May 19, 2013 11:21

Wish I'd found this before I died - would have been really handy for a Half-Troll warrior...

the Fur Cloak of Cardil (+8,+3) [3,+16] <+10>
---------------------------------------------
A heavy cloak made from fur and lined with leather; a luxury.

+10 dexterity, speed.
Provides resistance to lightning.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.


Min Level 60, Max Level 127, Generation chance 12, Power 394, 2.5 lbs
Based on Gondricam.

OOD Town drunk May 19, 2013 12:45

Just found this monster in 3.4.1(The trident does 1d10 normally):

the Trident of Guingwe (7d10) (+7,+16) [+26] <+3>
Dropped by a Berserker at 3300 feet (level 66).

+3 wisdom.
Provides resistance to light.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Blessed by the gods.

Combat info:
5.0 blows/round.
Average damage/round: 424.

AnonymousHero May 19, 2013 12:56

Holy carp!

scud May 19, 2013 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattB (Post 80310)
Wish I'd found this before I died - would have been really handy for a Half-Troll warrior...

the Fur Cloak of Cardil (+8,+3) [3,+16] <+10>

Wow. I've seen a two or three randarts with +8/+9 to both speed and charisma, and had assumed that a boost of that size could *only* be applied charisma rather than any useful stat.

Not a particularly rare item, either.

Timo Pietilš May 19, 2013 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by OOD Town drunk (Post 80314)
Just found this monster in 3.4.1(The trident does 1d10 normally):

the Trident of Guingwe (7d10) (+7,+16) [+26] <+3>
Dropped by a Berserker at 3300 feet (level 66).

+3 wisdom.
Provides resistance to light.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Blessed by the gods.

Combat info:
5.0 blows/round.
Average damage/round: 424.

Glaive of Pain with WIS bonus basically. 9d6 averages to 31.5, 7d10 averages 38.5 and Pain has bigger to_dam.

If that had some brand/useful slays like evil then it would be a killer weapon.

Timo Pietilš May 19, 2013 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattB (Post 80310)
Wish I'd found this before I died - would have been really handy for a Half-Troll warrior...

the Fur Cloak of Cardil (+8,+3) [3,+16] <+10>
---------------------------------------------
A heavy cloak made from fur and lined with leather; a luxury.

+10 dexterity, speed.
Provides resistance to lightning.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.


Min Level 60, Max Level 127, Generation chance 12, Power 394, 2.5 lbs
Based on Gondricam.

How does Gondricam translate to that???? One of the weakest weapons gets +10 to speed, combat bonuses and +10 DEX when turned to cloak. That cloak is worth about 100 * Gondricam.

Just for fun, this is Gondricam in 3.4.1:

Code:

N:79:'Gondricam'
I:sword:Cutlass
W:20:8:110:28000
A:12:20 to 65
P:0:1d8:10:11:50
F:RES_ACID | RES_ELEC | RES_FIRE | RES_COLD | FEATHER |
F:SEE_INVIS | REGEN | FREE_ACT |
L:4:DEX
L:2:STEALTH

IOW: (1d8) (+10,+11) [50] <+4, +2> (DEX and Stealth)
resist basic 4, feather fall, see_inv, regen, FA.

Just +4 DEX and bit better AC bonus over ordinary defender cutlass.

Derakon May 19, 2013 18:23

The game thinks that cloak has power 394, which sounds about right from what I can remember of other listed power levels. What I'm curious about is what it thinks Gondricam's power is. Randarts have a fairly wide variance in power compared to their base objects, if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game considers Gondricam to only be around 100-150.

That cloak represents a combination of rare factors, though: first, getting lots of speed on a non-boot/ring slot (usually you only see maybe +4 speed outside of those slots), and second, adding a second stat bonus with the same pval. It is pretty absurdly good.

Magnate May 19, 2013 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 80328)
The game thinks that cloak has power 394, which sounds about right from what I can remember of other listed power levels. What I'm curious about is what it thinks Gondricam's power is. Randarts have a fairly wide variance in power compared to their base objects, if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game considers Gondricam to only be around 100-150.

That cloak represents a combination of rare factors, though: first, getting lots of speed on a non-boot/ring slot (usually you only see maybe +4 speed outside of those slots), and second, adding a second stat bonus with the same pval. It is pretty absurdly good.

Gondricam must be within 20% of 394 or the generator would have rejected the randart. The disparity arises from Gondricam's huge AC bonus being turned into speed. Nobody thinks the AC is anywhere near as good as the speed, because it's in a weapon slot. In my last overhaul of the object power calculation, I implemented per-slot power for most things, but not for AC.

Separately, large speed bonuses are *still* underrated, but I gave up trying to deal with that after four years of trying different approaches. As soon as they're properly rated, everything else breaks.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.