Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   AAR (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did you die today? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8965)

Grotug October 10, 2018 03:11

Umm... I thought I had one more turn before the Berserker would get me, but he crushed me into a bloody pulp.

grr.. just realized all I had to do was eat one of my mushrooms of hallucination. I hate that I never think to use mushrooms. I never remember to use mushrooms when I have them. This is beyond a stupid death. (my cloak had rChaos).

wobbly October 10, 2018 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grotug (Post 133786)
grr.. just realized all I had to do was eat one of my mushrooms of hallucination. I hate that I never think to use mushrooms. I never remember to use mushrooms when I have them. This is beyond a stupid death. (my cloak had rChaos).

I'd preference a mushroom of emergency myself (particularly since mushrooms of hallucination no longer exist), but hey if you're about to die anyway then what harm in having a little bit of fun 1st.

Grotug October 11, 2018 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobbly (Post 133797)
I'd preference a mushroom of emergency myself (particularly since mushrooms of hallucination no longer exist), but hey if you're about to die anyway then what harm in having a little bit of fun 1st.

I meant emergency. I just couldn't think of the name. Mushrooms of hallucination are before my time, methinks.

Grotug October 14, 2018 23:37

I was very confused about how I died. My last messages read:

Something focuses on your mind.
You die.
You are confused!

Which was exactly how I experienced it: I died. I was very confused as to why I died. And then the game aptly let me know that I was confused. Nar the Dwarf mind blasted me I guess.

Sky October 15, 2018 00:32

Can he do that? I dont remember him having any serious ranged attack.

Grotug October 15, 2018 00:58

Oh, he does. If you meet him at the level he is native to and you've been diving, he's gonna getcha. (I was hitting every stair I came to). I thought there was an invisible monster trying to kill me. I shoulda healed instead of detected for invisible.

Pete Mack October 15, 2018 01:36

Yeah, Nar is bad news if you are diving without escapes. Priest can escape with Portal and recall. Arcane casters can avoid him with detection. But for weak-ish warriors and paladins, you are dead without a large stack of phase and CSW at the least.

Gauss October 23, 2018 21:18

Just lost a cl17 high elf paladin to Azog and Bolg. Found them at 850' and thought i could kill them. Azog hits too hard. Tried to phase door but landed in the middle of orcs.

Grotug October 23, 2018 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gauss (Post 133914)
Just lost a cl17 high elf paladin to Azog and Bolg. Found them at 850' and thought i could kill them. Azog hits too hard. Tried to phase door but landed in the middle of orcs.

ahh, classic death. One of my early deaths at a similar depth; I remember how shocked and impressed I was at Azog's fury.

Derakon October 23, 2018 22:12

Azog would be pretty dangerous even if he moved at normal speed. At +10 speed he is just enormously more lethal. This is good in my opinion: it helps teach the player how important speed is, at a point where they hopefully haven't invested too much of their time in the character.