Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   AAR (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did you die today? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8965)

Narry November 23, 2018 22:08

I got my revenge!

My Hobbit Warrior killed The Tarrasque.
Dual (well, actually quadruple) immunity, a decent weapon and more than 10 potions was enough. The b**tard didn't drop anything useful though, but I'm super glad I got him.

Sauron and Morgoth soon I hope...

Ugramoth November 24, 2018 03:51

OK, I'm probably going to die soon:
I tried to disarm a chest with multiple traps. Something went off and it summoned:
The Mouth of Sauron
Baphomet
Radagast
Tselakus
The Cat Lord
Polyphemus
Osse

I'll teleport now and the will try to split the group with TO's and kill them one by one. Level 45 high elf priest, speed +32, stats maxed, all resistances except stun (available with swap) , fire, cold, acid immunities, all spellbooks except Wrath, 592 hits (705 if I swap high dam weapon to +CON weapon). Anybody want to make bets?

Grotug November 24, 2018 17:38

The stairs?

There will always be more vaults and chests and goodies elsewhere. And a continued future exploring Angband is better than an early tombstone!

Ugramoth November 27, 2018 02:38

Actually managed to kill them all +few other that Tselakus invited. Now level 50 on DL96, and still no Wrath of God. Has it been removed from the game? Found every other dungeon spellbook about 20 times each already...

Narry November 27, 2018 06:42

They're still in the game. I found a few copies on my Warrior winner.

AndyS December 1, 2018 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugramoth (Post 134488)
OK, I'm probably going to die soon:
I tried to disarm a chest with multiple traps. Something went off and it summoned:
The Mouth of Sauron
Baphomet
Radagast
Tselakus
The Cat Lord
Polyphemus
Osse

I just did the same thing a few seconds ago (havent even teleported yet) and welcomed the Tarrasque, Vecna, Gothmog, Waldern, and Beorn. The last 2 have no business still being alive but those first 3 man Im not even going to look at a chest for the rest of this game. Thank god (well the developer anyway) you get a turn after that. And that Im not relying on a staff. Id try it with my eyes closed forsure. Level feeling on this floor was only 4, it's feeling a whole lot more dangerous now.

Grotug December 2, 2018 00:54

My Dwarf Priest died unceremoniously when I forgot that the amulet I had been wearing provided free action. I sauntered right up to the carrion crawlers and scratched my head when a paralysis message showed. Oh yeah, that other amulet was my only source of FrAct. Woops! I did nearly die shortly before that triggering a bunch of dangerous uniques from a chest as well. ;)

I'm playing hobbit ranger again. I'm hoping for some off-bow extra shots this run. :D

Narry December 3, 2018 20:46

I was doing quite well with my Elven Ranger, got a few rings of speed and almost all resistances, but then... Kavlax and gravity hounds.

Grotug December 3, 2018 21:02

I didn't take the Winged Horror seriously and he breathed poison after my recently acquired spell of TO failed.

Gauss December 3, 2018 21:59

Don't laugh at me but i died of starvation. Was too distracted to see the message and
then it was too late.
Felt so stupid