Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current master post 4.2.0 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=9659)

moosferatu May 9, 2020 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by fph (Post 145311)
Inscriptions are tied to the individual object (e.g., that specific dagger (+5, +6)), not to the object type (e.g., *all* scrolls of recall in the world). However, you can set the game up to auto-inscribe every object of a certain kind: use the knowledge menu =, auto-inscription setup {, then { to inscribe a certain object type.

Cool, thanks!

mrfy May 9, 2020 21:27

Did something change to the chance of ammo breaking on contact? When I look at Iron Shots (+0,+0) in the general store, the chance of breaking is 1%. This seems awfully low.

Ingwe Ingweron May 9, 2020 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfy (Post 145329)
Did something change to the chance of ammo breaking on contact? When I look at Iron Shots (+0,+0) in the general store, the chance of breaking is 1%. This seems awfully low.

Doesn't seem low to me, for an iron shot. If it were an arrow or a bolt, that would be very, very low. But really, how easy is it to damage a rounded ball of hard metal so much that it isn't usable?

Nick May 10, 2020 00:35

So the reason is that they're throwing items now, which all have 1% breakage chance. I wondered about making an exception, but as Ingwe says, it does seem reasonable.

mrfy May 10, 2020 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 145333)
Doesn't seem low to me, for an iron shot. If it were an arrow or a bolt, that would be very, very low. But really, how easy is it to damage a rounded ball of hard metal so much that it isn't usable?

True. I'll just have to manage my inventory more so I'm not so overburdened with lots of Shots. I just expected them to break more often.

spara May 10, 2020 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 145338)
So the reason is that they're throwing items now, which all have 1% breakage chance. I wondered about making an exception, but as Ingwe says, it does seem reasonable.

Then again, iron shots should not break at all, but you rather don't find a certain percentage of them after use. I would keep the old breakage percentage, but would just change the message to "got lost" or something.

spara May 11, 2020 15:08

Does fear cumulate? Is it so that everytime @ gets "You are terrified!" more rounds are added to the counter?

I assumed that "You feel bolder now." means that the fear counter has gone to zero. However, in my current game, I ate a Mushroom of Terror, got scared by some monster on top of that and then got "You feel bolder now." message. The Terror was still on and @ was unable to harm a fly in melee. Is the Terror counter different from Fear counter? If so, then the fear messages should probably be tweaked a bit, when Terror is on.

Ingwe Ingweron May 11, 2020 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by spara (Post 145373)
Does fear cumulate? Is it so that everytime @ gets "You are terrified!" more rounds are added to the counter?

I assumed that "You feel bolder now." means that the fear counter has gone to zero. However, in my current game, I ate a Mushroom of Terror, got scared by some monster on top of that and then got "You feel bolder now." message. The Terror was still on and @ was unable to harm a fly in melee. Is the Terror counter different from Fear counter? If so, then the fear messages should probably be tweaked a bit, when Terror is on.

You can think of Terror as separate from Fear. Fear can be removed by !Boldness, !Heroism, or !Berserk Strength. Warriors of a certain level become immune to Fear. However, Terror is unresistable and incurable, except by time. (A similar condition exists when wearing =Escaping. Though that instantly disappears upon removing the ring.)

spara May 11, 2020 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron (Post 145374)
You can think of Terror as separate from Fear. Fear can be removed by !Boldness, !Heroism, or !Berserk Strength. Warriors of a certain level become immune to Fear. However, Terror is unresistable and incurable, except by time. (A similar condition exists when wearing =Escaping. Though that instantly disappears upon removing the ring.)

Thanks. That how I gathered it probably is. The messages concerning fear under Terror are a bit misleading, but not a big deal really.

mrfy May 13, 2020 04:38

I've been seeing a weird double keypress happen in the latest nightly. I've noticed it happening with the movement keys, I use an external usb keypad with my macbook pro, but I think it also happens with regular commands occasionally.

I've also had the game crash while fighting monsters (several times). I tried last night to get a save file but didn't succeed. I'll keep trying.