Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Oook! (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How do I do a character dump? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=120)

quaxocal July 4, 2007 15:46

How do I do a character dump?
 
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do a character dump so as to post one on here.

I'm playing Zangband 2.7.4c at the moment.

I understand how to load a character dump from the forum, but I need to know how do I create a character dump from the game.

takkaria July 4, 2007 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by quaxocal (Post 1323)
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do a character dump so as to post one on here.

I'm playing Zangband 2.7.4c at the moment.

I understand how to load a character dump from the forum, but I need to know how do I create a character dump from the game.

I believe ')' is the key you want.

quaxocal July 4, 2007 18:28

So its just a 4 kb file with my stats and level and stuff, and alot of random symbols and letters?

I was trying to post my character on the ladder.

quaxocal July 4, 2007 18:33

The Angband Ladder - reading your character...

reading chardump, please wait...
error!! is this really character dump?



Are you sure that that is the correct way of doing it? Or am I doing something wrong?

takkaria July 4, 2007 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by quaxocal (Post 1327)
The Angband Ladder - reading your character...

reading chardump, please wait...
error!! is this really character dump?



Are you sure that that is the correct way of doing it? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ah. Zangband must not have the ability to do HTML screendumps -- so you can't upload dumps to the gallery at all.

quaxocal July 4, 2007 20:14

I think I figured it out...

If on the character info screen I hit 'f' that seems to produce the character dump which is on the ladder for other people.


I'll upload my character tomorrow when I got more time.

takkaria July 4, 2007 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by quaxocal (Post 1329)
I think I figured it out...

If on the character info screen I hit 'f' that seems to produce the character dump which is on the ladder for other people.


I'll upload my character tomorrow when I got more time.

Ah, sorry, I completely misread your original post, and it seems all the ones afterward... for some reason I substituted "screenshot" where you wrote "character dump".


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.