Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Way to show more on screen? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=3845)

fbas November 18, 2010 21:40

Way to show more on screen?

Is there a way to show more of the dungeon on the screen? I'm guessing that the view area is a fixed height and width, but with monitors getting bigger, I'd like to be able to view more of the dungeon in one window than currently allowed.

fbas November 18, 2010 21:50

I should have looked before asking, because I did find Map view and Overhead view for some of the sub-windows. This is sort of what I'm looking for, though in those views, I don't get to see some of the info on the main screen (depth, resistances, etc.)

takkaria November 18, 2010 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbas (Post 43006)
Is there a way to show more of the dungeon on the screen? I'm guessing that the view area is a fixed height and width, but with monitors getting bigger, I'd like to be able to view more of the dungeon in one window than currently allowed.

Have you tried a) decreasing font size b) making the window bigger?

Derakon November 18, 2010 21:59

I play with the main dungeon view using up the entire display (I have a second display, where I shove other windows). It works just fine.

fbas November 18, 2010 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by takkaria (Post 43009)
Have you tried a) decreasing font size b) making the window bigger?

oh good lord, I swear I thought I had tried that. thanks, works like a charm, of course.

ewert November 19, 2010 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derakon (Post 43012)
I play with the main dungeon view using up the entire display (I have a second display, where I shove other windows). It works just fine.

Damn ... maybe I have to buy a 2nd monitor for my next new computer. =P

"Honey, yes I really need two monitors, so I have more desktop-estate to put my Angband subwindows on!"

Timo Pietilš November 19, 2010 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewert (Post 43041)
Damn ... maybe I have to buy a 2nd monitor for my next new computer. =P

"Honey, yes I really need two monitors, so I have more desktop-estate to put my Angband subwindows on!"

D*mn, now I need even bigger monitor. I just found out that I can fit the entire dungeon into screen with 9x15 font, but I like to play with 10x20 font (9x15 is ugly, 8x16 looks better, but is a bit too small).

hmmmm...maybe I can use my TV for angband....

stabbo November 19, 2010 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš (Post 43047)
hmmmm...maybe I can use my TV for angband....

"Hello. My name is Timo, and I have an addiction."

buzzkill November 19, 2010 11:50

I've got a 72" HDTV. I've been thinking a lot about if I could play full dungeon on screen with 32x32 tiles. Problem is I need a video card with a digital video out port, which I don't have right now.

fyonn November 19, 2010 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 43055)
I've got a 72" HDTV. I've been thinking a lot about if I could play full dungeon on screen with 32x32 tiles. Problem is I need a video card with a digital video out port, which I don't have right now.

you can afford a 72" TV, but not a new video card? ;)