Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Vanilla (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Whelk's Thread (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=2143)

Whelk July 30, 2009 17:23

Whelk's Thread

A thread for me to post my Angband happenings and experiences that don't warrant creating an entirely new thread (which is quite probably the majority of posts I'd make). Others are welcome to comment/participate as well.

For my first post in this thread: I just found a scroll titled "redo assoloco." Sounds like some horrible Spanglish that could be humorously [mis]interpreted in many ways. I'll leave it to the imagination of the individual.

Turned out to be Trap Location, for those curious.

Zikke July 30, 2009 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whelk (Post 22191)
Turned out to be Trap Location, for those curious.

Which is also ambiguously amusing, as well. :eek:
I should start paying attention to those unIDed scrolls; I usually don't read them and they could be some gems!

Whelk July 30, 2009 17:46

Telltale signs of an abusive relationship:

The Tengu hits you.
The Tengu blinks away.
You miss the Tengu.
The Tengu commands you to return.
The Tengu hits you.

will_asher July 31, 2009 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whelk (Post 22193)
Telltale signs of an abusive relationship:

The Tengu hits you.
The Tengu blinks away.
You miss the Tengu.
The Tengu commands you to return.
The Tengu hits you.

It's very rare that I literally laugh out loud at anything I read online, but I did this time.

Donald Jonker July 31, 2009 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by will_asher (Post 22216)
It's very rare that I literally laugh out loud at anything I read online, but I did this time.

What he said. :)

miner July 31, 2009 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by will_asher (Post 22216)

I was in the middle of a meeting with my boss and my boss's boss when I read this - I almost burst out laughing in the meeting. Can you imagine trying to explain THAT one and the reason it's funny? lol No one would get it.

Nick July 31, 2009 06:34

See also here...

Whelk July 31, 2009 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 22220)
See also here...

Goes to show that apparently some demon-@ relationships can work out. I'll have to get the contact info of their counselor.

Whelk July 31, 2009 17:49

I used to sell wands of sleep/slow/confuse monster as soon as I found them for some quick cash, but I've recently realized that they're extremely handy at the lower levels, when swarms are particularly dangerous. Just put one of those orcs to sleep in the corridor, wave to the glaring Lugduf behind him and trot off.

Whelk August 2, 2009 19:51

I've got a kobold rogue that's level 47. Does that mean I should actually consider a battle with Morgoth a possibility in the near future? I don't think I've ever gotten this far before.