Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Competition (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Comp 207 (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8452)

debo July 5, 2017 01:50

Comp 207
 
Comp 207 is up. It's the Vanilla 4.1 Dunadan mage that nobody asked for.

I specifically thought "what character/stat allocation would annoy Pete Mack the most in this competition" when creating this character, and went with that.

Pete Mack July 5, 2017 03:11

I'm not sure why you think a near-optimal distribution will annoy me. Yeah, it could do with a bit more strength, but it's certainly not a horrible build. It's great for stat gain, in any case.

debo July 5, 2017 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Mack (Post 122433)
I'm not sure why you think a near-optimal distribution will annoy me. Yeah, it could do with a bit more strength, but it's certainly not a horrible build. It's great for stat gain, in any case.

My attempt at deadpan humor failed :)

Ingwe Ingweron July 5, 2017 04:43

You mention being able to do the comp on Angband Live. This should be really cool, especially if Gwarl gets the record function up and running. But, how does one load the initial comp savefile onto Angband Live?

Gwarl July 5, 2017 09:22

Big thanks to debo for adding the link, but I needed to wait for the savefile to be posted first :)

Now I have the savefile I'll be including competition mode. Competition games will be recorded. That should be available sometime later today.

Gwarl July 5, 2017 19:07

Okay competition mode is up.

Games are being recorded. If you quit and continue, the recording will continue. If you die, the recording is kept, and if you make a new attempt you get a fresh competition savefile and the last recorded run will be overrwritten with the new one.

There's no way to watch the recordings through the website yet, but there will be soon.

debo July 5, 2017 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarl (Post 122472)
Okay competition mode is up.

Games are being recorded. If you quit and continue, the recording will continue. If you die, the recording is kept, and if you make a new attempt you get a fresh competition savefile and the last recorded run will be overrwritten with the new one.

There's no way to watch the recordings through the website yet, but there will be soon.

Awesome!!!!!

Nick July 5, 2017 21:56

Know all runes - I should have expected that, I guess

kandrc July 5, 2017 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 122475)
Know all runes - I should have expected that, I guess

Is this an admonishment? It's not as if it actually matters with a mage.

debo July 5, 2017 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 122475)
Know all runes - I should have expected that, I guess

We've tested runes so much already that I figured it wouldn't matter. Also, I selfishly want to play this comp and there was no way I was going to do that with runeid :) There's gotta be some skimming off the top as comp organizer!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.