Angband Forums

Angband Forums (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/index.php)
-   Idle chatter (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Other games? (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=33)

buzzkill May 13, 2009 15:23

TrackMania Nations (TMN-ESWC). Free and fun, with online play and, despite it's age, a lot of active servers. Not at all a realistic driving simulator, but you can build your own tracks (or download some of the 10's of 1000's available), and mod just about everything in the game. Great graphics, and it will run on older (P4) PC's.

Nick June 28, 2009 14:42

I have just discovered don't shoot the puppy, my first encounter with a computer non-game (for another non-game, see Finchley Central).

PaulBlay June 28, 2009 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 21290)
I have just discovered don't shoot the puppy,

Interesting. It took me a while to get used to the controls.

buzzkill June 29, 2009 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulBlay (Post 21291)
Interesting. It took me a while to get used to the controls.

Normally I find a way to enjoy stupidity. This is the exception.
Best score: Level 5

HallucinationMushroom June 30, 2009 00:14

I've been riding a horse and beheading helpless farmers in Mount & Blade, or Mountainblade, as I call it. I bought the full version, but the free demo is the nearly the full game, just with a character cap at level 7. Great fun.

Jude July 10, 2009 23:46

Mount and Blade is awesome. My computer can't run it though, I just played it at my friend's house.

Dwarf Fortress, Morrowind, Master of Orion is about it for me now. Short attention span. Although I've beaten two Master of Orion games each in one several-hour sitting...I need to start playing on smaller maps to make it harder.

ekolis July 11, 2009 15:12

Ooh, Master of Orion... I used to play MOO2 like crazy! Now I'm stuck on Space Empires 5, and many times I've wanted and/or tried to make a MOO-themed mod for SE5... maybe THIS time I'll get it finished! ;)

buzzkill July 17, 2009 06:34

I just discovered 'Battle for Wesnoth'. Cool little turn based combat somewhat reminiscent of the original Warcarft. Sweet graphics. FREE. Worth a look. Maybe a keeper.

takkaria July 17, 2009 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 21750)
I just discovered 'Battle for Wesnoth'. Cool little turn based combat somewhat reminiscent of the original Warcarft. Sweet graphics. FREE. Worth a look. Maybe a keeper.

Yeah, it's a good game. I've whiled away time with it I should have spent on Angbånd. :)

Magnate July 17, 2009 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzkill (Post 21750)

Yup, it's a great little game, with a ton of extra campaigns. MP works ok too.